A New (to me) Mingus performance on YouTube

medjuck

1 hour ago, mhatta said:

I think it comes from live at Theatre National de Paris, October 28th, 1970.  The first tune is In A Sentimental Mood, not All To Soon.  It was issued as various LP/CDs, but I didn't know video footage survived.

I wonder if there's footage of any other numbers.  

Yes those two America LPs of 1970. Great band, mostly for Bobby Jones, Jakie Byard, Charles McPherson, but not much fire. 
That was also the only time I heard of Eddie Preston. 
Shortly after that I bought the then outcoming Miles Davis "Get Up with It" and I think there is a track "Billy Preston" on it, and since I had not heard about Billy Preston and had forgot ....Billy or Eddie..... I thought wow, Miles did a dedication to a quite obscure fellow trumpet player ? 

On 1/16/2022 at 6:12 PM, mhatta said:

I think it comes from live at Theatre National de Paris, October 28th, 1970.  The first tune is In A Sentimental Mood, not All To Soon.  It was issued as various LP/CDs, but I didn't know video footage survived.

On 1/16/2022 at 6:12 PM, mhatta said:

The YouTube clip is dated and sourced Oslo, October 22nd 1970, While these references are often wrong on YouTube, the clip is stamped with NRK, which in fact is the moniker of the Norwegian Broadcast Company. Given all that, any reason to doubt that this is in fact from Norway?

9 hours ago, Mark Stryker said:

The YouTube clip is dated and sourced Oslo, October 22nd 1970, While these references are often wrong on YouTube, the clip is stamped with NRK, which in fact is the moniker of the Norwegian Broadcast Company. Given all that, any reason to doubt that this is in fact from Norway?

Oh, I didn't know NRK is a Norwegian TV.  I stand corrected.