2 New Tyshawn Soreys Forthcoming on ECM

Guy Berger

Tyshawn Sorey posted the following on his Instagram:

”We (TS, Joe Lovano, Bill Frisell trio) also managed to record an album featuring my compositions (along with a couple of them by JL and BF) on July 7, 2021 with the intention of having it released soon this year. It would have been my first recording for @ecm_records as a leader. However, this process too has been slowed down due to restrictions; i.e., the inability to be in a mixing and mastering room with Manfred Eicher in Europe or in New York. But we are still working very hard together on making this happen as soon as possible. More details on that front, as I'm also doing another very big project with them, and we don't yet know which will come out first on ECM.”

Edited by Guy Berger

Oh shit! Great news.  Ever since two different firms have handled ECM's digital promo distribution it's been harder to keep up.  Their former PR, Tina Pelikan was terrific, I got new release download links in my email without fail.  I still gotta listen to the new one with Vijay Iyer and Linda May Han Oh, Ayumi Tanaka Trio and Jorge Rossy Puerta