Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teasing the Korean

El Cerdo Gordo - Doug Webb

9 posts in this topic

Sometimes I will watch an InterTubez video, walk away from the computer, and something will randomly come on.  That happened here. I don't know Doug Webb or "El Cerdo Gordo," but it completely resonated with me.  I thought I would share.

 

Edited by Teasing the Korean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes, that was something else. Thanks for posting have definitely not seen quite a few of those instruments. Also looks like a shitload of work to get that down.

Edited by Tom in RI
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2022 at 6:23 AM, Tom in RI said:

Yikes, that was something else. Thanks for posting have definitely not see quite a few of those instruments. Also looks like a shitload of work to get that down.

Yeah, I was in the next room when it started, and I had no idea what I was hearing.  It was only at the end that I realized it involved an absurd amount of overdubbing with every wind/reed instrument on the planet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!! That was amazing!!! :excited:

Incredible to see all those obscure instruments, and VERY satisfying musically too.

I imagine that’s gotta be well in excess of $100,000 in instruments right there. Fuck, maybe closer to $200,000? The mind reels trying to consider it.

Beautifully done. Thank you, thank you for sharing that. Remarkable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Wow!! That was amazing!!! :excited:

Incredible to see all those obscure instruments, and VERY satisfying musically too.

I imagine that’s gotta be well in excess of $100,000 in instruments right there. Fuck, maybe closer to $200,000? The mind reels trying to consider it.

Beautifully done. Thank you, thank you for sharing that. Remarkable.

Thank the algorithm that played it after I listened to a 1950s gumshoe track!  Otherwise, I never would have heard it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where do I know the name Ladd McIntosh? Early 70s, down beat? Lab-type band or something, like, massive instrumentation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladd McIntosh and Tommy Vig, did they collaborate at the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JSngry said:

Ladd McIntosh and Tommy Vig, did they collaborate at the time?

My knowledge of Tommy Vig is restricted to his time with Martin Denny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well then, let me dig around and find that old down beat stuff.

Big was "famous" for having BIG big bands, and I think that McIntosh was "famous" for writing for BIG instrumentations.

I think that Vig even had an album on Milestone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.