Joe Chambers

Late

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, mjzee said:

That's an obvious boot since this session was recorded well after the 1962 cutoff for public domain in the EU. I would not pay $30 for that.

5 hours ago, bresna said:

That's an obvious boot since this session was recorded well after the 1962 cutoff for public domain in the EU. I would not pay $30 for that.

Yes, this is what Discogs says about the label:

Screenshot 2022-07-29 160701.jpg

Edited by Eric

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

The Cobblestone/Muse catalog (both Fields' and Schlitten's) was too large (and frequently too important) to have died the way it did. It's like there was an ugly divorce and nobody wanted custody of the kids. 

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. 

Who owns it now?  Serious question.

11 hours ago, Eric said:

Agree wholeheartedly on the packaging/graphics of 32 Jazz.  Of course it IS the only way I actually own The Almoravid, weird plastic spine and all.

I had the original Muse LP but sold it after I got the 32Jazz CD, as it sounds better. 

23 hours ago, JSngry said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse_Records

Nippon Columbia? 

32 Jazz... Let's not be shocked at Concord, ok? 

Concord is my understanding.  32 Jazz sold out 20 years ago.  Savoy acquired the Muse catalog (and did a couple of horrid compilations of it), then Concord acquired Savoy in 2017 (crickets since then on both the Muse and Savoy catalogs, not even a 34 minute "Woody Shaw Plays for Lovers").

I still have a catalog from some mail-order outfit the was all about Savoy/Muse. It was a good time to buy as much of it as I could afford. This was around the early 1980s? I should go dig it out. 

But wasn't it Savoy Jazz that really got busy doing all those great R&B reissues? Arista Savoy kinda played at it, But Savoy Jazz seemed to have gotten serious about it!