Timeless Jazz 3/20/22 - Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz

Ken Dryden

I recorded a tribute to Marian McPartland for Valentine's Day, but skipped her many Piano Jazz CDs, though I have all of them. So my focus for the next broadcast is Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz, mostly duos, but one McPartland solo from a CD issued by NPR Classics. March 20 would have been her 104th birthday.

Here is the streaming/download link:

https://archive.org/details/timeless-jazz-3-20-2022-marian-mc-partland-birthday-piano-jazz-excerpts

Edited by Ken Dryden
Added birthday

On 3/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, Ken Dryden said:

I recorded a tribute to Marian McPartland for Valentine's Day, but skipped her many Piano Jazz CDs, though I have all of them. So my focus for the next broadcast is Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz, mostly duos, but one McPartland solo from a CD issued by NPR Classics.

Here is the streaming/download link:

https://archive.org/details/timeless-jazz-3-20-2022-marian-mc-partland-birthday-piano-jazz-excerpts

Thanks for sharing this, Ken! :tup 

I recently posted the Piano Jazz database that gives recording dates, some broadcast scheduling and guest artists with anyone who wants it.

There are some errors and omissions as I checked off my collection against it. None of the fundraising shows featuring a single artist seem to be listed.

There is a separate header with the link to archive.org.

Edited by Ken Dryden