Robert Morse RIP

Teasing the Korean

Sad to hear, great in the role on Mad Men. I saw the movie adaptation of How to Succeed in Business ... and remember laughing my head off. In fact I wonder if it was at some sort of revival theater with the family because I am certain that I did not see it in initial release (I was 2 years old) but also am certain that it wouldn't have been even an early VHS years film rental either.  I feel like I saw it around the age of 10. 

6 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Sad to hear, great in the role on Mad Men. I saw the movie adaptation of How to Succeed in Business ... and remember laughing my head off. In fact I wonder if it was at some sort of revival theater with the family because I am certain that I did not see it in initial release (I was 2 years old) but also am certain that it wouldn't have been even an early VHS years film rental either.  I feel like I saw it around the age of 10. 

He was utter perfection in HTSIB (WRT)! RIP, Mr. J.Pierrepoint Finch.

We saw the world premiere of it at Radio City Music Hall. Seen it a million times since then.

We need another Frank Loesser....

8 hours ago, sgcim said:

He was utter perfection in HTSIB (WRT)! RIP, Mr. J.Pierrepoint Finch.

We saw the world premiere of it at Radio City Music Hall. Seen it a million times since then.

I should ask Mom but I think that's it ... the folks took us to see it sometime during a run at Radio City sometime after the initial run in theaters.

While we're on the subject of the Broadway musical, 'How To Succeed in Business', there's a brilliant lyric stanza inside the song, 'Coffee Break':

"If I can't make three daily trips,

where shining shrine benignly drips,

and taste cardboard between my lips,

something within me dies."