Tune that affect you emotionally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(12) Toussaint McCall Nothing Takes The Place Of You (1967) .wmv - YouTube

This song, which was featured in the movie Hair Spray despite not quite being the right period, reminds me of my late brother.  Another performance that affects me greatly is Hank Mobley playing "The Good Life".

(12) 1964 HITS ARCHIVE: Wish Someone Would Care - Irma Thomas - YouTube   I almost forgot, "what about your tribulations"

(12) Stanley Brothers, The Rank Stranger - YouTube  "They knew not my name and I knew not their faces"

Edited by danasgoodstuff

44 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

Every time I get good musicians to play Round Midnight. I can understand why Monk played it almost on every gig. One of the best compositions ever. You get tired of playing other tunes, but Midnight never becomes routine....

As a listener, I agree.

25 minutes ago, Holy Ghost said:

Can I go by albums? Vince Guaraldi, Jazz Impressions of a Black Orpheus, gets me in the mood for fall (include the Christmas album for the holidays) Miles Davis's Collector's Items for those rainy nights. Brubeck when patio living. 

Quite a good idea, since I usually don´t pick up only tunes. If I find the time to listen to an album, I listen to it as a whole album. I don´t know who is Vince Guaraldi, but Miles Davis´s collectors items is nice, by the way for the from me adored Round Midnight, by the way featuring Bird and Rollins on tenor..., and for very very much amount for that first participation of Philly J.J. one of the best drummers of all the times....

A certain album I spin when I´m in a certain mood is Mingus Blues and Roots in a warmer spring night, like in late April.....Mingus was born about that period, and I can imagine folks goin to a "Wendsday Night Prayer Meeting" (though I don´t go to churches or such meetings....),