Nick Drake - Only Known Footage

Teasing the Korean

‘Known’ — but unconfirmed (and probably uncomfortable).  But it is certainly plausible that it could be him (as much as can be said for supposed footage of someone, when their face isn’t even visible on camera).

I have to confess the first I ever heard Nick Drake was courtesy of Volkswagen…

7 hours ago, Joe said:

The figure in that footage certainly matches descriptions of Drake. I.e., he was a tall dude. If it is him, how appropriate that he's walking away from the camera — and the viewer.

Had the very same reaction, Joe.  Certainly fits right in with the mythos that surrounds him.  An extraordinary artist.

6 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

Had the very same reaction, Joe.  Certainly fits right in with the mythos that surrounds him.  An extraordinary artist.

Agreed. As if adding to the mystery.  We see him from the back, and he disappears into the crowd.  I am quite sure it is him.  I know the wore that maroon jacket for photo shoots.

Joe Boyd on Nick Drake. I like what he says (speculation though it may be) about the possible influence of bossa nova on Drake's music.

Also, this video about Drake's distinctive sound.

Edited by Joe