Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
colinmce

Brötzmann / van Hove / Bennink - Jazz In der Kammer 1974

8 posts in this topic

I see this is now available from Trost on Bandcamp & streaming sites. I saw this announced some months back but I have not seen any kind of announcements about the actual release, nor have I seen anything about stateside retailers receiving the CD. For some reason availability of Trost releases is a bit of a crapshoot here; the Oliveros/Leandre/Lewis disc they put out last year has never shown up anywhere in the US. I will be placing a direct order from the label for both of these. Anyways, good stuff here!

https://peterbroetzmann.bandcamp.com/album/jazz-in-der-kammer-1974

Automatic purchase for me, thanks for highlighting it

Yeah, done deal. Love the album cover, everyone has their back turned towards the camera, but you can still see Brotz, drinking his favorite brew while listening to Van Hove. 

Fred was great. Glad I got to see him a couple of times.

7 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Fred was great. Glad I got to see him a couple of times.

No Fred, but made a major mistake passing on Brotz here in Cleveland. I was hoping for a "Die Like A Dog" outfit, but it wasn't and I passed. Nothing I can do about it now, except hope he will come nearby again in the future. 

yeah, hopefully he'll be back in the US at some point, ditto Han. Last time I saw him was with Cyrille at Vision, prior to the pandemic.

35 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

yeah, hopefully he'll be back in the US at some point, ditto Han. Last time I saw him was with Cyrille at Vision, prior to the pandemic.

Han is one my favorite drummers, up there with Tony Williams and Joe Chambers: incredible rhythm and timing. Expert knowledge of the kit.