Brötzmann / van Hove / Bennink - Jazz In der Kammer 1974

colinmce

I see this is now available from Trost on Bandcamp & streaming sites. I saw this announced some months back but I have not seen any kind of announcements about the actual release, nor have I seen anything about stateside retailers receiving the CD. For some reason availability of Trost releases is a bit of a crapshoot here; the Oliveros/Leandre/Lewis disc they put out last year has never shown up anywhere in the US. I will be placing a direct order from the label for both of these. Anyways, good stuff here!

https://peterbroetzmann.bandcamp.com/album/jazz-in-der-kammer-1974

7 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Fred was great. Glad I got to see him a couple of times.

No Fred, but made a major mistake passing on Brotz here in Cleveland. I was hoping for a "Die Like A Dog" outfit, but it wasn't and I passed. Nothing I can do about it now, except hope he will come nearby again in the future. 

35 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

yeah, hopefully he'll be back in the US at some point, ditto Han. Last time I saw him was with Cyrille at Vision, prior to the pandemic.

Han is one my favorite drummers, up there with Tony Williams and Joe Chambers: incredible rhythm and timing. Expert knowledge of the kit.