Where Art Thou Coleman Hawkins CD or Lp

Jon King

Some time in the last ten years, as I try to splice together this nagging gap in my peace of mind, I was biding my time in a mall store that featured those bin-mounted headphones to preview the recordings for sale.   
I frequently did this in any location my traveling guide would enable.  She had her dept stores to occupy her attention after all. 
Okay, I opened this chasm of distress that day when I previewed what has come to be a source of anguish. 
Help me if you can, I’m in angst. 
       Subject:  A festive covered CD or LP by a who’s who of mainstream players fronted by Coleman Hawkins and titled to include a reference such as ‘and Friends’ or some other phrase.  I believe my interest heightened when I saw Urbie Green and several other younger stars amongst the war horses.  
Well, my jaded attitude that day led me to listen skeptically while uncomfortably shifting my weight from mall shopping inhumanity.  I put the recording back in the bin and left.
A short while later my traveling guide asked if I had ‘found anything.’ And I admitted to finding this mystery item.  She urged me to go back and buy it.  So, I tried and alas, it was gone.   Please refer me to the correct possible album, if you can.  Thanks more than I can ever imagine. 

Edited by Jon King

Re: JSngry’s cross- references

I didn’t realize that WRAPPED TIGHT had Urbie.  I will plan to check it out. 
The mystery is still ongoing.

Thanks for your insights.   

PS. The memory I have is of an unusual group along the Concert Jazz Band or Monk     Orchestra examples in size.  Also, similar to the Bob Haggart multi-disc birthday party set in track selection and personnel choices. Hmmm. 

I also remember that the players included some players in the Dixieland field.  And I was impressed with the unusual playing by this unlikely group.   

10 hours ago, Jon King said:

Interesting album. I think I may have to keep trying.  The band had some Dixieland players in the ranks as I recall.  
Thanks for your input.  

There are also the records with Red Allen that include some of the Dixieland crowd - Warhorses and High Standards.   I don't know if any packaging of this music meets your description.  The original LPs don't. 

Interesting album. I think I may have to keep trying.  The band had some Dixieland players in the ranks as I recall.  
Thanks for your input.  

I’m becoming a much keener Coleman Hawkins fan with everyone’s responses. I wasn’t aware that another recording stretch included Red Allen.  I’ll give that a listen too. 
Thanks for the advisory.

Soundcraft, a blank tape manufacturer, made a series of sessions to give away with tape purchases. Some of them were bootlegged on Jass Records in 80s.

Cole Porter Swings Easy in Stereo with Charlie Shavers, Urbie Green, Sol Yaged, Sam 'the man' Taylor, Buddy Weed, Barry Galbraith, Bob Haggart and Cozy Cole.

Dixieland Jamfest in Stereo with Hawkins, Red Allen, Sol Yaged, J C Higginbotham, Lou Stein, Milt Hinton and Cozy Cole.

Sweet Moods of Jazz in Stereo with Hawkins, Allen, Earl Warren, Marty Napoleon, Chubby Jackson and George Wettling.

Soundcraft Eliot Lawrence "Originals" with Nick Travis, Jimmy Cleveland, Zoot Sims, Al Cohn, Elliott Lawrence, Milt Hinton and Osie Johnson.

Edited by Chuck Nessa
typo

Chuck Nessa, your efforts are most appreciated.  I’m learning more about Coleman Hawkins from this exchange with everyone who has responded.  It’s beginning to point to my memory and a 74-year-old owner as having a Let’s Get Lost moment or two.  
Thanks for your help.  JK

Per the “festivality” and the “festivation” of the aforementioned Impulse album and the Crusaders tie-dye background, I couldn’t agree more.  It’s not Blue Note, but it’s a good effort anyhow.   Oh, I just remembered Atlantic had some honorable mentions for sure.  Agree??

Thanks felser.  I have the jazz party album, ordered in high hopes at the time.