Record shopping: different cities’ musical tastes

Rabshakeh

Yes, Berlin is huge so it's always walking, walking, walking.... I don't like the city... But, of course, i still would have wished you a better time and better score.... 

Re the initial question, the memory that came to mind immediately was walking into a store in Rennes, France, that felt totally out of place... Turned out, the majority of the stock was the contents of a Chicago record store the owner had bought in full, loads of Argo, Cadet, Ammons etc

10 hours ago, Niko said:

Yes, Berlin is huge so it's always walking, walking, walking.... I don't like the city... But, of course, i still would have wished you a better time and better score.... 

Re the initial question, the memory that came to mind immediately was walking into a store in Rennes, France, that felt totally out of place... Turned out, the majority of the stock was the contents of a Chicago record store the owner had bought in full, loads of Argo, Cadet, Ammons etc

We have a record shop here which is a partnership with a Tokyo jazz vendor. You can immediately tell that something is unusual, simply by looking at the stock, which is noticeably different to what London sellers tend to stock.