NY Jazz Record - Percy France "Lest We Forget" piece being Solicited

So it really seems as though my efforts to shed light on Percy France's music and career thru social media, youtube and here are paying dividends. I've learned that the NY Jazz Record, a free monthly publication that also appears online, sent out an email blast to their freelance writers soliciting, among other topics, a Lest We Forget piece about Percy. And it's for the August issue, which would mean it would coincide with Percy's birth month.

Too cool for words.

I am working on my own submission and hoping there may be someone here with knowledge of how they operate?  Maybe @Clifford_Thornton?

Edited by Dan Gould

Yeah, I used to write for the NYCJR. I can't remember what the cost breakdown was for articles and it may have changed since then anyway. I take it you've been in touch with Laurence and/or Andrey? LWF pieces tend to be on the shorter side (shorter than Encores) but I've written a few. Message me if you need any pointers.