Mosaic Selects NOT going to retail

Looks like the Mosaic Selects will not be offered at retail after one year, as planned originally.

The new March Mosaic catalog states that "the current economics of the retail market prevent us from using this avenue of distribution." For now, at least.

Otherwise the series seems to be going well, judging from the number that have been released.

http://www.truebluemusic.com/store/ship.html

Mosaic charges $12 (surface mail, "6-10 weeks") or $23 (airmail, "3-5 weeks") for international shipments. $23 is twice what other US stores like CD Universe charge for airmailing a few CDs.

I remember that when I ordered Mosaic sets through surface mail two years ago they arrived in Europe within 3 weeks. Is that still the case? The shipping duration True Blue indicates seems much to long also for airmail. My orders from other stores usually arrive within 2-3 weeks.

Edited by Claude

Claude , I've recently converted to ordering surface mail for my last 4 or 5 Mosaic orders & all have arrived on the 5th working day.Air mail always took 3 or 4 working days so its a no brainer for me.(Plus I have never had to pay any extra duty on surface mail).

For what it's worth, they are available retail in Japan. Disk Union stores in Tokyo sell the selects at around $72, a mere $24 per CD.

Disk Union has an agent in LA who purchases cds for shipment to Japan. I think they buy Mosaics at full price. I know when my Art Ensemble set was issued they bought 75 of them for $75 each.

For what it's worth, they are available retail in Japan. Disk Union stores in Tokyo sell the selects at around $72, a mere $24 per CD.

Disk Union has an agent in LA who purchases cds for shipment to Japan. I think they buy Mosaics at full price. I know when my Art Ensemble set was issued they bought 75 of them for $75 each.

I think that's exactly what swiss stores do.

Gary & Claude: my last Mosaic surface order arrived very fast, too. But: I always did use surface, and several times had to pay customs.

ubu

Gary & Claude: my last Mosaic surface order arrived very fast, too. But: I always did use surface, and several times had to pay customs.

Both of the new Selects arrived here via suface mail today :) , I think they only shipped last Tuesday.