Steve Gadd, Eddie Gomez, Ronnie Cuber - Center Stage

mjzee

Release date September 23:

71ucXn3TVUL._SL1200_.jpg

71-+a7ZCaSL._SL1200_.jpg

For the first time in a very long time super drummer STEVE GADD joins up with his friends from Gadd Gang times, EDDIE GOMEZ and RONNIE CUBER for a production with the WDR Big Band. Under the direction of Michael Abene, a heavenly groovy album emerges, with Steve Gadd and his friends taking center stage. Recorded in January & February of 2022! The cooperation between Steve's Gadd Gang and the WDR Big Band was hanging in the air for quite some time. Already back in 2011 there was talk about a potential collaboration with the Big Band under the leadership of Michael Abene (the chief conductor of that orchestra from 2004 to 2014). I love Michael and highly esteem his work, says Gadd, his arrangements as well as his piano playing. It is just a matter of trying to get the schedule together, but I am sure at some point we will be able to get it together.

Ok the way they look like or the tattoos....

I wonder how they sound and yeah, to hear them in trio format  would have been the greatest. I like them all three, Gomez more in group than solo, his fast hi note stuff on "Me Myself and I" get´s on my nerves, but as a team player it´s a safe thing, All three some of the hottest guys around in the late 70´s and as I said, all three on "Me Myself and I" and yeah those exchanges Cuber with Pepper Adams on "Something like a Bird" is great. 

The way they look like. Well from my point of view as all I knew when I was a kid: Old guys who once were young guys...

As about Tatoos, I can´t stand them, sorry and I don´t want to hurt nobody, but the only tattoos I saw in the past was the tatooed numbers ex prisoners had on the hand or so....

I don´t really like it. People say it´s a personal stuff you tattoo something that´s your personality, but what if I don´t want nobody to figure out  what´s my personality about......,  or what happens with such a tattoo if I change my personality ? Last weak I saw a guy with a gun tattood on his face. What if that guy changes and becomes a pacifist, he get´s rid of the gun-tatoo and get´s a white "porumbel" or "taube" ....( how you say in english to that bird ?)