Campaign to give Duke Ellington Pulitzer he was denied

medjuck

Ted Gioa has been a manufactured rage-machine lately, imo.

I don't subscribe (aka pay) for his stuff (nor, to his cresit, are you required to), but it seems like every time somebody sends me something of his, there's this rageyness going on that seems totally directed towards making me think that he is One Righteous Dude.

The guy wrote a TOTALLY magnificent book about West Coast Jazz, but since then....

And now...he bills himself as "The Honest Broker", so at least he warns you in advance.

45 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Ted Gioa has been a manufactured rage-machine lately, imo.

I don't subscribe (aka pay) for his stuff (nor, to his cresit, are you required to), but it seems like every time somebody sends me something of his, there's this rageyness going on that seems totally directed towards making me think that he is One Righteous Dude.

The guy wrote a TOTALLY magnificent book about West Coast Jazz, but since then....

And now...he bills himself as "The Honest Broker", so at least he warns you in advance.

I used to read his stuff on his Substack page and Twitter but stopped doing so, I found him tiring. 

He got good traction with a series of an microwave ready articles about how, statistically, new music is less present now than it was twenty years ago. I think the social media fame has gone to his head.

I think I'm this kind of harmless stuff is just how you keep up your media profile these days.