Japanese Jazz CD Sources

I agree with the above. cdjapan's shipping charges have gone up, as everyone's has, as base postal rates have nearly everywhere around the world. I find that ordering a half a dozen or so discs usually falls under the first level of postal charge and makes the individual per disc postal charge manageable.

1 hour ago, Ken Dryden said:

With Eastwind Import’s ongoing sale (now 60% off) and diminishing inventory, are there any good sources for brand new Japanese Jazz import CDs in the US? I know that Dusty Groove’s offerings are sporadic…

DG's offerings are sporadic, but I've found their prices pretty darned good. Now that DG allows preorders, I'm going to take them more seriously. Waiting for "in-stock" e-mails was not very reliable - product would often be sold out.

4 hours ago, T.D. said:

DG's offerings are sporadic, but I've found their prices pretty darned good. Now that DG allows preorders, I'm going to take them more seriously. Waiting for "in-stock" e-mails was not very reliable - product would often be sold out.

Agreed.  My ordering with them tends to be when a label (usually Blue Note) has a great reissue batch scheduled, I'll pre-order what I want from that (can be up to 15 CD's sometimes) and order whatever else I've been saving on my watchlist that happens to be in stock (which usually isn't much).  They run out of things very quickly, I never plan on something being available there after it's released.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Could have sworn someone posted earlier but this thread will do ... Eastwind Imports is at the final stage of their final sale. Price drop to 75% which meant $28-34 Japanese imports at just $6.50 to $7.50.  Only missed out on one, the SHM release of the Bennie Green Time Records release.  Priority Mail worked out to $10 a piece, give or take and they are out for delivery today.

Code SALE75

WWW.eastwindimport.com

• 3 weeks later...