Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
colinmce

Abdul Wadud - By Myself LP Reissue

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, colinmce said:

Great, great news. This is the same label that did the excellent Black Unity Trio reissue a couple years back.

https://www.gottagroovestore.com/product/abdul-wadud-by-myself/

Oh hell yes!

Quote

Now if we could just get Abdul Al-Hannan's The Third World ....

Orange Fish Tears by Baikida Carroll too, please.

Edited by Rabshakeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Pulled an original from the bins in a long-gone East Village record store over 20 years ago and was floored by it. Great record deserving of wider hearing.

The Abdul-Hannan is cool but is unlikely to see a proper reissue (it's been tried).

I would imagine that the Carroll will get the Soufflé Continu treatment as part of the Palm catalog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Nice! Pulled an original from the bins in a long-gone East Village record store over 20 years ago and was floored by it. Great record deserving of wider hearing.

The Abdul-Hannan is cool but is unlikely to see a proper reissue (it's been tried).

I would imagine that the Carroll will get the Soufflé Continu treatment as part of the Palm catalog. 

I’ve been wondering this myself but the lack of it so far— or the Khan Jamal & Byard Lancaster titles— had me wondering if these were somehow not in the scope of the series, or if there were rights issues. Would love to see that happen if it’s possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last. 

Only copy I ever saw was £500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Oh hell yes!

Orange Fish Tears by Baikida Carroll too, please.

I’m in too! Talking about that Baikida Carroll recording: that whole Palm catalog needs a reissue program!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pim said:

I’m in too! Talking about that Baikida Carroll recording: that whole Palm catalog needs a reissue program!

Apparently this is confirmed. The Carroll will be out next year.

Apparently Byard Lancaster's too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

Apparently this is confirmed. The Carroll will be out next year.

Apparently Byard Lancaster's too.

That would be awesome! Looking forward to them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Soufflé Continu have already started reissuing Palm.

Are they doing the Carroll?

Edited by mjazzg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's coming out next year as noted above. I know he wanted it reissued and doesn't own a copy himself!

I can't imagine paying 500GBP for Orange Fish Tears -- lucked out in a shop bin many years ago -- it's a great record but people are charging too much/paying too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

Seeing reports of bad news that Abdul Wadud may have passed away yesterday.

Well, that would be sad if true.

He was the kind of guy who's on all kinds of records that youforget he's on...there were just SO many, and they were pretty much all good to great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.