How do you choose your avatar?

Hardbopjazz

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might have mentioned this, but what software are you using to animate your avatars?

I'm using Photoshop 7 and the built-in Imageready program to make my avatars.

I've heard Macromedia Fireworks is even more efficient (in regard to file size).

how do you reduce file size? I play with the number of colours; you can enter any number of colours in image ready or delete single colours by hand. of course the one above, to make it small, I should have remodeled the background to one colour instead of the myriad hues on the original.

Thanks, WD45!

Wasn't there an Halloween episode of the Simpsons where Willie turned into a tractor or something? I'm thinking of the Nightmare on Elmstreet parody.

Couw, I do the same thing as you. I just lower the number of colors of the .gif. When I was doing a lot of animations, I was getting down to 32 colors often.

That's a good idea about changing the background so it won't be so many colors.

There was only one person on this board besides my brother who knew what mine was.

This might sound strange, but B-3er, your avatar reminds me of the inside of a Lesile amp. You know, the turning wheel part?

Oh, BTW: My avatar is in honor of opening day in baseball and one of my all-time favorite players -- Jackie Robinson.

Edited by Matthew

C'mon, b3-er. Spill it. I've been wondering about that thing for months.

Mine is in honor of the greatest restaurant in the world, Arthur Bryant's Barbeque in KC, where the french fries are still fried in the stuff. It's finger-lickin', angioplasty-causin' good.

damn, now I am hungry! :wub:

I don't choose my avitar. It chooses me.

This recent one came to me in a dream, and its power was so great that I immediately woke up, made a u-turn, drove home, and set it up.

You don't fuck with divine will.

Groucho is one of my favorite philosophers.

It's nice to see him here. :D

AfricaBrass: the title of Cat Boxing should've been Litter Boxing.

Berigan: can we see a blown up version of your avatar?

Dan Gould: did you ever watch The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley? It was a cartoon on Saturday mornings in 1988. Just 13 episodes. I mention that because during the run of the show, they had an Ed Grimley look alike contest for, I think, under & over 21 years of age. I came in as a runner up in the under 21 category. I still have my 8 X 10 glossies, a huge pin with the shows title on it & a certificate with my name on it. I had to put so much gel in my hair to keep the front point up!