The First Concert You Ever Attended

Soulstation1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit, am I ever gonna date myself by revealing this...

Julian Lennon - circa the summer of '85. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: (Or maybe it was '84??)

Only Beatles tune he did was Daytripper, as his final encore.

BUT, I followed that up shortly with Stevie Ray Vaughn in the winter of early '86. (Might have seen CSN before SRV, can't remember.)

Can't remember what my first REAL jazz concert was, but I saw Sun Ra and the Arkestra in early 1991. That might have been one of the first, and certainly the first really big name I ever heard perform live.

I'm one of the veterans around here. First real concert I attended (with my older brother) was in September 1953. The Lionel Hampton big band with Art Farmer, Clifford Brown, Jimmy Cleveland, Gigi Gryce and others.

And since most of the posters mentioned pop/rock concerts, my first experience was the Beatles in 1966.

Both concerts in Paris.

As I stated in the other thread RHCP in like '90 at the Greek.

The Meat Puppets opened and gave the crowd a laugh by covering the theme song to the TV show "Charles In Charge." The lead singer said it was his favorite song. :D

I had my first jazz & rock at the same concert! August 1970, Fillmore East to see Santana- the opening act was Rahsaan Roland Kirk. I was completely clueless as to what Kirk was doing, but within three years I loved what he did and went to see him at the Village Vanguard and enjoyed it immensely.