• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41srk%2Be0AzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

John Zorn, George Lewis, Bill Frisell More News for Lulu

41G87G80F0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Warne Marsh / Lennie Tristano Intuition

My cheapest new purchase ever! £3 at Fopp. And why have we heard so little of Ted Brown?

I got mine at 4.99€ which also seems to be a great deal!

My cheapest new purchase ever! £3 at Fopp. And why have we heard so little of Ted Brown?

Fopp is great for £3 to £5 specials. Really miss the Bath store, where you could pick up much of the Blue Note/Capitol catalogue and CBS/Sony stuff for £5. Got some truly great deals there. At least the Bristol store up by the University is still operating and doing the £3 deals. Not quite as accessible for me though. :(

Fopp is great for £3 to £5 specials. Really miss the Bath store, where you could pick up much of the Blue Note/Capitol catalogue and CBS/Sony stuff for £5. Got some truly great deals there. At least the Bristol store up by the University is still operating and doing the £3 deals. Not quite as accessible for me though. :(

I haven't bothered with Fopp in Manchester recently - not since they were "HMV-ised". HMV's promise of allowing them to trade as before seems to have crumbled and the jazz stock has now been reduced to the pathetic collection you can find in their owner's store up the road. :(

I haven't bothered with Fopp in Manchester recently - not since they were "HMV-ised". HMV's promise of allowing them to trade as before seems to have crumbled and the jazz stock has now been reduced to the pathetic collection you can find in their owner's store up the road. :(

The prices are much better though! At the FOPP in Covent Garden I picked up 'Lady Day: The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia' for 10 pounds and Sonny Rollins 'Road Shows Vol. 1' for 3 pounds.

The prices are much better though! At the FOPP in Covent Garden I picked up 'Lady Day: The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia' for 10 pounds and Sonny Rollins 'Road Shows Vol. 1' for 3 pounds.

OK. Point taken! :)

I passed the Quebec/Hardee up a couple months ago for $20. I don't think I'll ever stop kicking myself for that. Stupid, stupid.

Astonishingly enough the Chicago Public Library has multiple sets of this (someone in the music collection was obviously an early supporter of Mosaic), and between them, I was able to find clean sides to listen to (yes, I gave them back).

I'm pretty sure they had the Ike Quebec 45s on LP as well, and I checked them out, but I don't see these any longer in the catalog. Either the catalog is wrong, the library de-accessioned them after getting the CDs for the reference music collection or someone couldn't resist temptation. All reasonably likely.