What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was the start of the biannual sales in Paris. In the good old days I tried to make my way to the Virgin Megastore on the Champs-Elysees but today was the day the store closed its doors for good.

. Went to the FNAC Montparnasse store instead, arrived a bit late to grab several Japanese imports but managed to get the following CDs:

- The Bill Holman Band Live, on JazzedMedia (€5)

- Johnny Mandel, the Man and his Music, on Arbors (€5)

- Tubby Hayes Boppin' and Hoppin' on Jasmine (€3)

- The Complete Felsted Mainstream set on Solar (€9)

Hope FNAC will not close its stores, or at least its music dept.

jerryleelewis-essentialsuncollection2cd.jpg

Jerry Lee Lewis - The essential Sun collection - Sun (Charly)

A bit of nostalgia in a way. I had almost all of these singles as a teenager, even the later ones you probably won't know, and they never left me; I still know all the words to 'I'll sail my ship alone', for example. This stuff is beyond good. Saw him in Boulogne in 1963, and was standing about eighteen inches from his right foot - the dangerous one :D

MG

A bit of nostalgia in a way. I had almost all of these singles as a teenager, even the later ones you probably won't know, and they never left me; I still know all the words to 'I'll sail my ship alone', for example. This stuff is beyond good. Saw him in Boulogne in 1963, and was standing about eighteen inches from his right foot - the dangerous one :D

MG

Ah yes. The undisputed leader of the playing-piano-while-standing-up school! :tup

MG

Ah yes. The undisputed leader of the playing-piano-while-standing-up school! :tup

Well, there is Little RIchard... :D

MG