What music did you buy today?

tonym

I know it's kind of pointless to write another post before I've heard these but, after doing a series of searches, I'm also looking forward to hearing John Young on three of these albums. (On my IPad I can't seem to access the emoticons, specifically the excited one).

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 from KV:

-Resonance Ensemble - Whose Country is This? (Not Two)

-Topology Nonet - Impressions of Po Music (Okkadisk)

-DKV Trio - Wels/Chicago 1998 (Okkadisk)

I need a new copy of Wels/Chicago

Last 2 tracks on disc 2 remain the pinnacle for this trio: Blues for Tomorrow and Burning Sky

But I've never believed they weren't based on charts

3 from KV:

-Resonance Ensemble - Whose Country is This? (Not Two)

-Topology Nonet - Impressions of Po Music (Okkadisk)

-DKV Trio - Wels/Chicago 1998 (Okkadisk)

I need a new copy of Wels/Chicago

Last 2 tracks on disc 2 remain the pinnacle for this trio: Blues for Tomorrow and Burning Sky

But I've never believed they weren't based on charts

Well I placed my order Friday AM and the two Okkadisks got to South Louisiana today. Holy moly. Looking forward to checking those out.

Big order from Victoria Records, filling some gaps in my Dick Hyman and Ralph Sutton neverending collections:

VC 4348 Ruby Braff - Bucky Pizzarelli - Ray Kennedy Relaxing At The Penthouse VC 4350 Ralph Sutton and George Barns As Good As It Gets VC 4351 Ralph Sutton Squaw Valley Seranade VC 4371 Ralph Sutton and Dave McKenna To Sunnie With Love VC 4373 Bucky Pizzarelli and the Kennedy Brothers Play Harold Arlen VC 4376 Dick Hyman and Shelly Berg Meeting Of The Minds VC 4377 Ralph Sutton and Kenny Davern Thunderbird Lodge / To Elsa and Sunnie with Love VC 4379 Dick Hyman and Ken Peplowski E Pluribus Duo VC 4384 Ralph Sutton Forever Sunnie VC 4393 Dick Hyman & Ken Peplowski Live at the Kitano