• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name/Title_______________________________Format__Price____Quantity___Total
Pigmeat Markham __________________________ LP     1.99          1     
  Trial
  Item: 75911, Condition: Very Good- (NOTE: Blue label pressing with the 
deep groove.  Cover has a stain on back along the opening.)

Berio/Castiglioni/Holliger/Huber/Krenek/Le LP     6.99          1     
  Spectacular Heinz Holliger -- Sequenza VII/Alef/Trio/Noctes 
Intelligibilis Lucis/Viere Stucke/Spiele -- Holliger/Collot/Wyttenbach
  Item: 769035, Condition: Near Mint-

David Bowie ______________________________ CD    11.99          1    
  Blackstar
  Item: 778876, New Copy

Berio ____________________________________ LP    13.99          1    
  Visage/Circles/Sequenza III/Cinque Variazioni -- Cathy Berberian/David 
Burge
  Item: 782950, Condition: Near Mint-

• 2 weeks later...

Joëlle Léandre/ Benoit Delbecq, François Houle - 14 Rue Paul Fort, Paris [2015, Leo]

R-7454571-1441815860-1133.jpeg.jpg

RED Trio / Gerard Lebik / Piotr Damasiewicz - Mineral [2015, Bocian, vinyl]

R-6834633-1427619840-1827.jpeg.jpg

Daunik Lazro/ Benjamin Duboc/ Didier Lasserre - Pourtant Les Cimes Des Arbres [2011, Dark Tree]

R-3115048-1316466965.jpeg.jpg

Just ordered these two LPs:

R-4762345-1393072147-1862.jpeg.jpg

Al Grey - Struttin' & Shoutin' (Columbia)

R-1527797-1292329960.jpeg.jpg

Paul Bley, Bill Connors, Jimmy Giuffre - Quiet Song (IAI)

EDIT: 

Ordered these today too!

R-2603239-1293289064.jpeg.jpg

Mike Lipskin with Willie "The Lion" Smith - California Here I Come (Flying Dutchman LP)

R-2737364-1428355054-3399.jpeg.jpg

Elton Dean's Ninesense - Happy Daze / Oh! For the Edge (Ogun CD)

Can you tell it's payday? ;) 

Edited by HutchFan

I've been pretty good for a while now, avoid purchases aside from the eMusic renewals, though I did get a classical box set (Jean Martinon) just a while back, but it was a steal, so that doesn't count...  :P

Anyway, I'm on a mini-Mingus kick.  I ordered Mingus in Europe v.1 (Enja) and am hoping against hope that they ship this instead of v.2, which I already own.  It's something I could have picked up easily a while back but now it's become fairly rare.

Also, I guess I've been sleeping on the two-fer from Collectibles that combines Me, Myself an Eye & Something Like a Bird.  Jack Walrath himself has an Amazon review saying that the mix isn't the best -- and that there were unused takes that could someday be released :o -- but I'll settle for this for now.  I"m pretty sure I haven't heard any of this music before.

While I'm waiting for this to arrive, it's time to break out the Mosaic Mingus box.  I really have barely scratched the surface of this set.

Placed order for:

Grateful Dead: Dick's Picks 8: Harpur College May, 1970

Brotzmann/Gustafsson/Nilssen-Love: The Fat is Gone

Brotzmann Die Like a Dog Quartet: Close Up

Fire! Orchestra: Enter

Akira Sakata: Flying Basket

I've been in this sort of mood lately - older Dead & newish hard core free jazz power/skronk. All been sounding as good to me as it ever has. Especially Peter Brotzmann. I'm connecting with his playing on a deeper level these last 6 months to a year more than I ever have. 

On 1/30/2016 at 6:58 AM, ejp626 said:

I've been pretty good for a while now, avoid purchases aside from the eMusic renewals, though I did get a classical box set (Jean Martinon) just a while back, but it was a steal, so that doesn't count...  :P

Anyway, I'm on a mini-Mingus kick.  I ordered Mingus in Europe v.1 (Enja) and am hoping against hope that they ship this instead of v.2, which I already own.  It's something I could have picked up easily a while back but now it's become fairly rare.

The Mingus in Europe vol. 1 turned up, and it is the correct disc.  It even appears to be a CD not CDr but it can be hard to tell nowadays.  Anyway, I am pleasantly surprised.

I haven't bought a lot of other music, but I am starting to save up for a Mosaic purchase this summer.

10 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Cool! :tup 

Yep - pretty pleased. For years good vinyl copies of that one went for pretty big bucks but I was able to get hold of a copy for a reasonable sum and in near mint too. One of the few older Mosaics that I was missing !

Never heard or seen that Sonny Red on Mainstream. Looks interesting..

Edited by sidewinder

• 3 weeks later...

I made a quick run up to McKay's Bookstore in Chattanooga this afternoon.  I traded in a few books, so I only needed to spend a few bucks to come away with these CDs:

- Gene Ammons - The Gene Ammons Story: The Organ Combos (Prestige)

- Ray Baretto - My Summertime (Owl / Blue Note)

- Donald Brown - French Kiss (Space Time Records)

- Woody Herman - Giant Steps (Fantasy); already had the vinyl; wanted a version for "on the go" listening

- Illinois Jacquet - The Blues: That's Me (Prestige)

:) 

There was a discussion on a Stan Kenton internet forum I belong to about the Navy band of Sam Donahue.  I knew very little about Sam Donahue.  I knew he had played with the Kenton band for a short time, butI had no opinion one way or the other about his music.  One member, whose opinion I respect, stated the Donahue band was one of the finest service bands with some really good arrangements and he recommended this CD

cdsamdonahue-thebandoftheusnavy.jpeg

I found a copy being sold by a dealer on Amazon for under a buck and figured I'd give it a try.  The disc arrived yesterday and to my surprise, what I received was not only this disc, but two more as well.  Apparently whoever had owned this disc before took it out of the single jewel case and combined it and the other two discs into one of those fat-boy jewel cases.  So I also got the bonus CDs of

$_35.JPG

and

728825.jpg

each with the back tray card and liner notes included!  Sweet!

Edited by duaneiac

I'm not well-versed in free jazz, but occasionally go on mini-binges. Recently missed out on some Moondoc CDs on this board, listened to a bunch of Eremite online clips, and placed an order. And then was fortunate that the most famous Moondoc title appeared here. Late to the game as usual, but will likely get more Eremite titles, as I enjoyed many of the available clips.

Purchases:

Jemeel Moondoc, Revolt of the Negro Lawn Jockeys

Wm. Parker and Little Huey Orch., Raincoat in the River

Moondoc/Parker/Drake, New World Pygmies II

J. Moondoc and Jus Grew Orch., Spirit House

On 2/19/2016 at 3:11 AM, sidewinder said:

Yep - pretty pleased. For years good vinyl copies of that one went for pretty big bucks but I was able to get hold of a copy for a reasonable sum and in near mint too. One of the few older Mosaics that I was missing !

Never heard or seen that Sonny Red on Mainstream. Looks interesting..

I've given that Sonny Red Mainstream LP a few spins. I'd describe it as "solid." And how could it not be with that rhythm section? But it hasn't blown me away -- so far, at least. 

• 3 weeks later...

Trilok Gurtu-Crazy Saints Live 2CD, early 90s recordings
Codona-Trilogy
Miroslav Vitous-Journey's End
Egberto Gismonti-Sanfona
Egberto Gismonti-Danca Das Cabecas
Ralph Towner/John Abercrombie-Sargasso Sea
Esperanza Spalding-Emily's D+ Evolution
Larry Young In Paris
Steve Khan-Subtext

3 hours ago, StarThrower said:

Trilok Gurtu-Crazy Saints Live 2CD, early 90s recordings