What music did you buy today?

tonym

3 hours ago, mjazzg said:

No, I thought about it and then forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder.

If you don't already know Kjaer and Hoberg's own releases they're worth a look. Kjaer has a Clean Feed trio disc with your favourite British rhythm section

https://cleanfeed-records.com/product/dobbeltgaeenger/

Btw - have you bought Tensegrity? It’s the 4 CD box from Barry Guy’s Blue Shroud group broken into small formations. Maybe even better than the 2 Mad Dogs boxes. Lots of new names that are exciting players. Plus it’s got heavy doses of Agusti Fernandez & Peter Evans throughout. I’ve been listening quite often since I received it over a year ago. Really astounding stuff. 

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, during a lunchtime record store run, I found Tommy Flanagan's Thelonica on PRISTINE Enja vinyl ...for a whopping $5.

I downloaded Thelonica from emusic.com years ago. And I've been meaning to upgrade to CD or vinyl for years.

As my Dad likes to say when something goes his way, "I caught a plum."  :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to ordering these two NDR live recording from Onkel Pö's:

51vTt9V6RsL._SY355_.jpg

619suUJQjmL._SX355_.jpg

I took advantage of an ImportsCDs.com 10%-off sale -- promo code TAKE10 -- to get these 2-CD sets for $14.61 ea. :g 

By the way, I'd love to see what everyone else is adding to their collections. But posts are few and far between. I KNOW that I'm not the only one who's getting stuff!!! 

Come on!  Some show-and-tell is always fun! ;) 

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

Finally got around to ordering these two NDR live recording from Onkel Pö's:

51vTt9V6RsL._SY355_.jpg

619suUJQjmL._SX355_.jpg

I took advantage of an ImportsCDs.com 10%-off sale -- promo code TAKE10 -- to get these 2-CD sets for $14.61 ea. :g 

By the way, I'd love to see what everyone else is adding to their collections. But posts are few and far between. I KNOW that I'm not the only one who's getting stuff!!! 

Come on!  Some show-and-tell is always fun! ;) 

That Griff/Lockjaw 2CD is excellent. Cost me £8 :g. I also strongly recommend the Freddie H. and the Woody Shaw. Must pick up a copy of the Diz !

The Band:  Pink; S/T; Stage Fright; Cahoots; Rock/Ages.  It's taken me a bit to get around to what's largely regarded as a marquee name in Classic Rock circles - perhaps b/c my initial exposure in college was to the sloppy, ego-driven indulgences of "Last Waltz".  Still, if Brown and The Pelvis are bedrock, then early Band has got to be upper strati Regolith.  Like sinking your hands into rich black earth - at least thru the 3rd year of Nixon's first Tour of Shame.

1 hour ago, Kate said:

The Band:  Pink; S/T; Stage Fright; Cahoots; Rock/Ages.  It's taken me a bit to get around to what's largely regarded as a marquee name in Classic Rock circles - perhaps b/c my initial exposure in college was to the sloppy, ego-driven indulgences of "Last Waltz".  Still, if Brown and The Pelvis are bedrock, then early Band has got to be upper strati Regolith.  Like sinking your hands into rich black earth - at least thru the 3rd year of Nixon's first Tour of Shame.

Wow I thought I was the only one who felt that way about The Last Waltz. And I'm talking about the film as well as the record. But Rock of Ages-- that's the real deal. 

Bunch of FSR reissues, bought at the Blue Sounds shop in Barcelona:

Adams, Pepper The Cool Sound of Pepper Adams (Complete Regent Sessions) Regent/FSR 1957
Adams, Pepper Plays The Compositions Of Charlie Mingus Jazz Workshop/FSR 1963
Amy, Curtis Groovin' Blues Pacific Jazz/FSR 1960 (60-61)
Amy, Curtis Way Down Pacific Jazz/FSR 1962
Amy, Curtis Tippin' On Through Pacific Jazz/FSR 1962
Benton, Walter Out Of This World Jazzland/FSR 1960
Farmer, Art Perception Argo/FSR 1961
Lafitte, Guy Son Saxo-Ténor Et Son Orchestre Pathé/FSR 1954
Lafitte, Guy Do Not Disture Columbia/FSR 1956
Lafitte, Guy Guy Columbia/FSR 1959
Lafitte, Guy / Presiany, André Guy Lafitte & André Persiany - Les Classiques Du Jazz Columbia/FSR 1955
Lafitte, Guy / Presiany, André Guy Lafitte & André Persiany - Les Classiques Du Jazz, vol. 2 Columbia/FSR 1957
Legge, Wade Wade Legge Trio Vogue/FSR 1953
McGhee, Howard Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out United Artists/FSR 1962
McGhee, Howard House Warmin'! Argo/FSR 1962
Newman, Joe The Happy Cats Coral/FSR 1957
Newman, Joe Plays In Paris Vega/FSR 1956