What music did you buy today?

tonym

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

That's a great haul. For someone doing your job you deserve that bonus on a monthly basis. Enjoy your records, some great ones in there. I need to get the Khan Jamal.

Now all you need to do is work out a way of sneaking them into the house, or just admit to it :)

Thanks, can’t wait to give them a spin :) still overthinking my strategy...

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Pim said:

I work as a high school teacher with kids with behavioral issues. Or kids with special educational needs. Believe it or not but we make less money than ordinary teachers. To compensate we receive some kind of bonus this month ....

It is hard to believe (but infortunately true) your job and similar one's - being important for our society - are not adequatly paid .... only people on a mission can keep ging strong and live with that ....

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

It is hard to believe (but infortunately true) your job and similar one's - being important for our society - are not adequatly paid .... only people on a mission can keep ging strong and live with that ....

Yeah it’s true. But the whole job makes up a lot for it :)

R-14878397-1583327312-6169.jpeg.jpg

Masabumi Kikuchi ‎– All Night, All Right Off White Boogie Band

can't believe a copy popped up on discogs finally. There will probably be a flood of them now that I found it but I’m happy to be adding this to my hoard. 

Edited by jcam_44

Just now, bresna said:

I finally broke down and ordered the Joe Henderson Mosaic box. Too many reviewers are going on & on about the great audio and I had some PayPal credit so it's on the way.

I did the same capitulation today with an order from JazzMessengers. So what if we’ve got this material in ‘n’ versions already - it’s Mosaic, Malcolm Addey - and Joe !

New EU regulations: from 1 July 2021 all shipments from outside the EU, also those worth under €22 which were previously exempt, will be taxed by customs (sales tax). That means 21% over the item price plus the cost of shipping. In addition to that a flat €14 fee. This is the end of importing just one or two CDs from small private sellers. I assume many will be caught unaware. No more single CD shipments, large shipments from CD Japan will become the norm, though not above €150, because then import duties are also due.

As a consequence, I bought a shitload of CDs from Japan and the USA over the past 24 hours. That's in addition to the Joe Henderson Mosaic at Jazz Messengers, Barcelona. My bank account weeps, but it's going to be a great summer (as long as everything arrives in The Netherlands before 1 July).

Edited by erwbol

• 2 weeks later...