What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

I went a bit mad today and bought 8 records. I just kept walking into shops and finding new stock that I really wanted at good prices. I'm trying to cut my collection down, so this is a disaster.

Do tell, what and where?

Cutting down collection - admirable intention, rarely achieved, I'd say

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

Do tell, what and where?

That wine shop. It had some new stock, including a bunch of records that have been sitting on my want list for ages (especially Coltrane) for decent prices. Then I had some chores on the Essex Road, and wondered into Flashback which has just had a massive purchase of second hand Blue Note reissues in. So that also happened. Disaster.

Edited by Rabshakeh

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

That wine shop. It had some new stock, including a bunch of records that have been sitting on my want list for ages (especially Coltrane) for decent prices. Then I had some chores on the Essex Road, and wondered into Flashback which has just had a massive purchase of second hand Blue Note reissues in. So that also happened. Disaster.

I'm glad That wine shop isn't easily accessible to me, could be very disastrous.  Flashback used to be my local but more recently I find them very hit and miss. Sounds like you hit nicely

19 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

I went a bit mad today and bought 8 records. I just kept walking into shops and finding new stock that I really wanted at good prices. I'm trying to cut my collection down, so this is a disaster.

if you want to feel better, I got 11 on Friday and Saturday, the thing that happens when you suddenly end up in a different city with too much time

a bit mixed, my mother had to go to the hospital so someone of the children had to go home to look after a few things... but there is not that much to be done here either and visiting hours are limited... here's what I got:

Chet Baker - Hallucinations (bootleg CD with Rene Thomas)

and the rest are LPs, including some fairly oldtime stuff and some local things

Warne Marsh meets Gary Foster (Eastworld, 1982)

Fletcher Henderson Sextet 1950 (one of those bootleg LPs, with Lucky Thompson)

Horace Tapscott - Flight 17 (that recent reissue)

Omer Simeon Trio - Clarinet A La Creole (10in LP)

The Missourians 1929-1930 (RCA)

Paul Barnes and his Polo Players - The Viol, the Violet and the Vine (Jazzology)

Wilbur de Paris at Symphony Hall (Atlantic)

Vaalbleek - Caoutchouc (Eksakt)

Duo Unkrodt/Zerbe (Amiga)

Noodband - Shopping Around (Swingmaster)

R-2328067-1277226012.jpeg.jpg

this last album, I got partly for the cover which shows the band leaving a favorite record store (Swingmaster in Groningen)

56 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I'm glad That wine shop isn't easily accessible to me, could be very disastrous.  Flashback used to be my local but more recently I find them very hit and miss. Sounds like you hit nicely

I was relying on it to be a miss. They failed me.

56 minutes ago, Niko said:

if you want to feel better, I got 11 on Friday and Saturday, the thing that happens when you suddenly end up in a different city with too much time

It's chilling isn't it?

52 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

And I had 8 delivered this week without even leaving the house...

I've got space issues. I really only have a basic cabinet below my player. It's three reasonably generous shelves. That's the end.

36 minutes ago, Niko said:

a bit mixed, my mother had to go to the hospital so someone of the children had to go home to look after a few things... but there is not that much to be done here either and visiting hours are limited... 

Hope things are okay.

• 5 weeks later...

ImportCDs had a sale last week, and I ordered these two Japanese reissues:

81wJn20pVML._SX522_.jpg

61SO0r9KQDL.jpg

They're due to arrive in the mail today.  :g

On 10/30/2021 at 1:46 PM, Rabshakeh said:

But it's MUSIC! ... Such a delightful madness and such a wonderful disaster!  :P 

Post-dental surgery haul. :ph34r:

Second hand a couple of really nice Nancy Wilson Capitols (including one with Gerald Wilson), a minty first press Chick Corea ‘Return to Forever’ on German ECM and new copy of Bill Evans’ Oil Can Harry’s double on Craft Recordings. Well chuffed :). Passed on the Miles ‘Live Evil’ Black Friday reissue.

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

Post-dental surgery haul. :ph34r:

Second hand a couple of really nice Nancy Wilson Capitols (including one with Gerald Wilson), a minty first press Chick Corea ‘Return to Forever’ on German ECM and new copy of Bill Evans’ Oil Can Harry’s double on Craft Recordings. Well chuffed :). Passed on the Miles ‘Live Evil’ Black Friday reissue.

Noice!  :tup