What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denise LaSalle -- Second Breath LP 1 $4.99 $4.99 611107

CD 1 $9.99 $9.99 Gladys Knight& The Pips -- If I Were Your Woman/Standing Ovation(plus bonus track)

Sylvester -- Step II 11781

LP 1 $3.99 $3.99 31635 Asha Puthli -- LIndiana

Denise LaSalle -- Second Breath LP 1 $4.99 $4.99 611107

CD 1 $9.99 $9.99 Gladys Knight& The Pips --

If I Were Your Woman/Standing Ovation(plus bonus track)

• Sylvester -- Step II 11781 :rolleyes::rhappy:

:blush:

1. :mellow:
[list=1][*][/list]   	  LP  	  1  	  $3.99  $3.99      	 31635       [b]Asha Puthli -- [/b]LIndiana  [code][b]Denise[/b]
LaSalle -- Second Breath LP 1 $4.99 $4.99 611107 CD 1 $9.99 $9.99 Gladys Knight& The Pips -- If I Were Your Woman/Standing Ovation(plus bonus track) Sylvester -- Step II 11781 LP 1 $3.99 $3.99 31635 Asha Puthli -- LIndiana

These came today

41kj1ZgwEcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51tBuFPbMoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

They're two volumes of 2 CDs each, issued last year in France by Syllart, under the generic title of 'La belle epoque'. The Laba Sosseh and Gnonnas Pedro albums I got a couple of weeks ago are from the same series.

I haven't heard them all, so I can't be sure of what all the tracks are. The REAL prize from the 4 CDs is 'Regard sur le passe - live' This is not the version that Syllart have issued a couple of times before, Syliphone SLP10, but a live version recorded by Ivorien TV of a concert at Abijian University, and issued on Syliphone SLP34. The audience reaction is amazing!

There are a number of other things I don't know - some of which come from a Sekou Bembeya Diabate album or two from the eighties, neither of which have been out on CD. Also a suspicion that one track comes from a Cuban album which the band did in 1978.

Two to digest.

MG

There was a Buddy Tate there - his Felsted album - but it was thirty-five quid (about $50). It was in the shop last year, too. If it's still there in six months, I'll make him a derisory offer. Ain't an album been made that's worth $50, to paraphrase Syd Nathan.

MG

Hmmmmm.. sounds interesting :w