Ernie Kovacs _____________________________ CD 14.99 1 14.99

Ernie Kovacs Presents Percy Dovetonsils Thpeaks

Item: 616186, New Copy

Freddie Hubbard __________________________ LP 5.99 1 5.99

Mistral

Item: 505766, Condition: Sealed

Modern Jazz Quartet ______________________ LP 3.99 1 3.99

Live At The Lighthouse

Item: 71859, Condition: Very Good (NOTE: Red & green label pressing. Cover has some aging and a bent corner.)

Bud Shank & Bill Perkins _________________ LP 2.99 1 2.99

Serious Swingers

Item: 569260, Condition: Near Mint-

I bought these for 49 cents apiece. They are all in like new condition and were cheaper than a burger! :crazy:

51MHeckNtML.jpg

Sonny Sharrock - Ask the Ages

51b2bpg2m%2BL._SS500_.jpg

McCoy Tyner - New York Reunion

51KMrLDjgJL._SS500_.jpg

Dave Holland Big Band - What Goes Around

51Pt6SVTufL._SS500_.jpg

Duke Ellington - Four Symphonic Works by Duke Ellington

4118PP632NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pee Wee Russell - Individualism of Pee Wee Russell

Maynard Ferguson _________________________ LP 4.99 1 4.99

Color Him Wild

Item: 598498, Condition: Very Good+

Maynard Ferguson _________________________ LP 1.99 1 1.99

MF Horn Two

Item: 47123, Condition: Very Good+ (NOTE: Cover has light edge wear and a factory sticker on the spine.)

Earl Hines _______________________________ LP 3.99 1 3.99

Fatha Blows Best

Item: 611145, Condition: Very Good+ (NOTE: White label promo. Cover has some ringwear and edge wear.)

Roger Kellaway ___________________________ LP 2.99 1 2.99

Stride!

Item: 520520, Condition: Very Good (NOTE: Cover has edge wear, with a promo stamp, some marker, and some pen on the back.)

Jimmy Knepper ____________________________ LP 4.99 1 4.99

I Dream Too Much

Item: 574653, Condition: Very Good+ (NOTE: Cover has a cut corner, some wear and creasing, and an import sticker.)

James Moody ______________________________ LP 4.99 1 4.99

Sun Journey

Item: 62090, Condition: Very Good+ (NOTE: Cover has some light wear.)

Bill Watrous _____________________________ LP 6.99 1 6.99

In Love Again

Item: 599923, Condition: Very Good+ (NOTE: Cover has light wear, and vinyl has a few light sleeve marks.)

Been a busy few weeks with birthdays and sick friends, but I have managed to get a few goodies from Amazon (and my typing on the new machine is better :))

These two turned up yesterday

61bxy%2BQLTLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Big Joe Turner - Boss of the blues - Atlantic (Upfront)

Thie is the 1956 LP, plus all but 1 track from the 1955-56 sessions following the Proper box.

The LP has been remastered in stereo and isn't up to much - I odn't think Atlantic's early stereo recordings were actually done the way they were later - well, it's OK, but there's too much bass, which is fine for the R&B material. I used to have a mono LP and it sounded fine. Oh well, it's still a brilliant album.

511e00fsqJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sun Ra - Four classic albums plus bonus singles - Real Gone Jazz. Includes

Jazz by Sun Ra - Transition

Futuristic sounds of - Savoy

Supersonic jazz - Saturn

Jazz in silhouette - Saturn

Really, realy nice. I used to have the Savoy and have the Transition on Delmark. I'm so glad I read the recent Sun Ra thread and took a copy of the recommendations for Rabeginners.

And today's batch of goodies was

515E6%2Bc0szL._SS400_.jpg

Various (great) Artists - The complete Felsted Mainstram collection - Felsted (Solar) A decently packaged 5 CD set including 9 LPs

Rex Stewart - Rendezvouswith Rex

Dicky Wells - Bones for the king

Dicky Wells - Trombone four-in-hand

Earl Hines - Earl's backroom/Cozy COle - Cozy's Caravan

Buster Bailey - All about Memphis

Budd Johnson - Blues a la mode

Buddy Tate - Swinging like Tate

Coleman Hawkins - The high and mighty Hawk

Billy Strayhorn - Cue for saxophone

I've spent all day listening to most of this - now on the Strayhorn. The sound sounds GREAT!

First thing I noticed was how great Rex Stewart was. Then, on his 'Danzon d'amor', I thought - Hey! I'm listening to SUn Ra! Well, there's a big resemblance. And some interesting organ in the DIcky Wells albums. Then there was some filthy playing from Earl Hines that stopped me in my tracks.

And on and on, until at last, Buster Bailey['s 'Memphis blues' laid me out comPLETEly. Russell Procope is killing me just now.

Amazingly cheap price - the local second hand shop has (or had) the Tate for £35. The whole package cost significantly less than that! Really loving it!

Finally

41Q7W96GJVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sun Ra - Angels and demons at play/The Nubians of Plutonia (aka The lady with the golden stockings) - Saturn (Evidence)

More from your recommendations. Haven't started on this one yet.

All this lot cost only about 50 quid! I do like cheap records!

MG

A little trip to Cardiff to book myself a few days in Paris next month and a slide into Kelly's snagged me

Milt-Jackson-Milt-Jackson-Ray-446567.jpg

Milt Jackson Ray Brown Jam - Pablo live (UK)

Not a red transparent plastic job, just ordinary black vinyl and absolutely covered in dust (with a split cover). I bought it unheard simply because this MUST have been something someone bought and never played. I expect it'll clean up pristine after a wipe with an oily rag.

MG

Inspired by the hard to find Monk thread, I went and picked up the Original Album Classics v. 2. I have 3 of the 5 already, but I figured it wasn't that outrageous, since the first CD (Misterioso) is so hard to come by in North America. I'm a bit torn when I went and looked at Monk's Original Album Classics (v. 1), since I have all the CDs, but 3 of them in earlier masterings and without the bonus tracks. I'm leaning against at the moment, but I may weaken.

I'm also debating whether I want to get Monk's solo Vogue recordings, since it is available so cheaply. I'm pretty sure I have it in some format, but it may be a beat-up copy. I'll have to look again.