Arsenal having a rough week.

Anyone keep up with soccer? I'm a fan and since our cable service carries Fox Sports World I've been following the Premiership pretty closely.

Arsenal was on a tremendous run of something like 30 games in a row without a defeat and have now dropped back to back games to Man United and Chelsea eliminating them from the FA Cup and the Champions League. They will probably still win the league but after these recent losses who knows.

I'd be interested to hear which teams our friends on the board from across the pond follow?

Arsenal started really well last season & had a real rough patch in the middle of the season & I wonder if its going to happen again now???

They are favourites for the title (they are 4 points clear) but the pressure seems to be on them to loose it. Plus Henry is out for the next few games.I think Chelsea will be full of confidence after last nights result.

Up until the weekend i thought we could be seeing Arsenal achieving something really unique but i thought the backlog of fixtures may catch up with them & it looks like it has , there only looked like one outcome in the second half of last nights game.

I was really pleased to see a Southampton boy win the game last night :D

If Arsenal had a bad evening yesterday, what about Real Madrid? Real Madrid is the team I most like to watch what with its terrific lineup and the beautiful soccer they provide regularly. They were on their way to an easy qualification against Monaco yesterday for the European champions league semifinal and found a team with a stronger victory will opposite them to concede a 1-3 defeat.

Real's Zinedine Zidane was his usual nontalkative after the match but mentioned all this was very bad.

It obviously was a great evening for Monaco coach Didier Deschamps, the same Deschamps who was captain of the French team which won the 1998 World Cup.

The Monaco-Chelsea semifinal is a surprise but should hopefully be a very watchable confrontation.

If Arsenal had a bad evening yesterday, what about Real Madrid? Real Madrid is the team I most like to watch what with its terrific lineup and the beautiful soccer they provide regularly. They were on their way to an easy qualification against Monaco yesterday for the European champions league semifinal and found a team with a stronger victory will opposite them to concede a 1-3 defeat.

Real's Zinedine Zidane was his usual nontalkative after the match but mentioned all this was very bad.

It obviously was a great evening for Monaco coach Didier Deschamps, the same Deschamps who was captain of the French team which won the 1998 World Cup.

The Monaco-Chelsea semifinal is a surprise but should hopefully be a very watchable confrontation.

Another SHOCK!!!!!!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RESULTS/SCORERS

Agg:

DEP CORUNA 4-0 AC MILAN 5-4

Pandiani 5

Valeron 34

Luque 44

Fran 76

AC were favourites!

Another SHOCK!!!!!!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RESULTS/SCORERS

Agg:

DEP CORUNA 4-0 AC MILAN 5-4

Pandiani 5

Valeron 34

Luque 44

Fran 76

AC were favourites!

That was another amazing game, as were the Monaco v. Real Madrid and Arsenal v. Chelsea games! Brilliant!

Wonder who'll win the CL this year...

I like Real Madrid a lot as well. For some reason Fox Sports World doesn't show any La Liga. They show matches from England, France, Netherlands, Germany and to lesser extent Argentina and Brazil but no Spanish league. What's up with that?

Anyway I was very dissappointed to see Real go out. That late consolation goal by Monoco in the first leg should haunt Real and their fans for a while.

Any fans of Fulham on board? I've started paying more attention since Bocanegra and McBride joined. They sorely miss Saha. Boa Morte is OK but the other forward Hayles seems to have speed but a ball in to him usually stops there and he doesn't score much.

I thought McBride was doing pretty well in the first few games he started, a couple goals to show for his efforts. He's been less successful coming in in the last 30 minutes. He seems to create chances for other players a little better than Hayles. What do you think of him?

Another Yank over there is Claudio Reyna. Watching the US national team in the past I always wondered what the big deal was and maybe he's less effective because opponents focus on him but he's a great player for Man City. Always creating dangerous chances.

What happened to Tim Howard? He was brilliant in goal when he first went over and now he's on the bench!

Watched the Man.U.-Arsenal semi-final on cable and was delighted with the result. Not only should United now salvage something from this season (Millwall?) but they prevented Arsenal from repeating their 1999 treble feat (so no Gary, Arsenal were not on the verge of achieving something unique, Manchester United have already been there).

I do believe Arsenal will still win the league however. As for the Champions league, great stuff. It really is wide open with no clear favourite.

but they prevented Arsenal from repeating their 1999 treble feat (so no Gary, Arsenal were not on the verge of achieving something unique, Manchester United have already been there).

Erm did Man U go through the whole league season undefeated?????

No previous team has done this - so I thought it would have been unique.

Edited by Gary

Thats OK John ,

Im not sure if they can achieve it they are starting to look a bit tired now. But they have played some magnificent football this season . I watched them easily beat my team (Southampton) this season , the score was only 1-0 but they didnt look like they were even in second gear.

It's a good thing Henry was injured for the Liverpool match or he may have scored 12!!

The game I got this AM was Chelsea vs Middlesborrough. 0-0. Didn't look like the same Chelsea who beat Arsenal at all. Actually MB had the better chances and Chelsea is probably lucky to get 1 point. It will be hard to catch Arsenal playing like that.

Yesit certainly looks like its Arsenal's title again . Youre right about Henry - he is truly magnificent,one of the best players to play in England.

Scott are you pleased with Fulham's result today? I thought they were going to be turned over today as Leicester have a lot more to play for.

My team had a day off today, we play Middlesborough on Monday - I'll be happy with a draw.

I was glad to see Fulham win. Collins John, that new young striker from Liberia came in to replace Hayles, whom I'm not too fond of, and scored 2! He may be Saha's replacement and give them the offense they need.

McBride entered at around 70 minutes for Malbranue in midfield so I'm not sure if there was some rearranging of players or not. I hope McBride works out for them.

It's a good thing Henry was injured for the Liverpool match or he may have scored 12!!

Another 6 games (or is it 7?) to go for Arsenal to get a perfect season without loss and thus make it impossible for any team to ever beat that record in future.

Oh and spare a thought for the long suffering Liverpool FC fan. This has got to rank as one of the worst seasons in the last 15 years. Houllier has done a decent job but not enough to challenge the best, or the average by the way things are going. Bring in Dalglish or someone else before the rot gets permanent!

Thierry Henry was magnifique once more against Liverpool. Nice hat trick!

Maybe he should have been hired by Real Madrid instead of Beckham!

Beckham who seems to be making a fool of himself off the field.

Henry and Zidane were an incredible combination when they played together.

The recruiting policies of Real Madrid President Florentino Perez should be up for questioning. Perez would better be concentrating on the playing of his star players instead of paying full attention to the sale of the club artifacts.

Looks like Real is on a losing streak for good unless there is a quick change.

Too bad. What a great team it was supposed to be!

Oh and spare a thought for the long suffering Liverpool FC fan

I guess I won't mention the Charlton match (ouch)

And for Greg's sake I won't mention the Southampton v Boro match

As for me the Fulham match was very exciting. I'm not that close emotionally to the team to be that disappointed at the result. I'm a bit disappointed for McBride though, who really looks pretty good when he sees playing time. Collins John is really making a name for himself. Another 2 goals and a great play to help Boa Morte score the third.