my fav records

casanovas347

Hi everybody!

i'm new in here...from switzerland....far away from your place! ;-)

just posting some of my favorites....

Vienna born guitarist "Karl Ratzer"...i love two great recordings from him...."all the way" & "Saturn returning"...together with Organ/Piano-Wizzard "Dan Wall".....

John Hart Trio "Scenes from a song"...should i say more about him? ;) just great!

Danny Gatton "Redneck Jazz".....well, one of my favorites of all the time.....this guy is awesome

Eddie Loiss Trio (one of my fav organ-players beside Don Patterson & Miss Trudy Pitts)

Pat Martino....most of em! ;)

Dave Stryker's "Stardust" and "the Greeting".....both i love so much!!! ;)

Wayne Krantz "2 drinks minimum"......this guy is awesome.....great guitarplayer! Great ideas...one of the very few fusion-players who can celebrate a melodie by not touching the smooth-playground.....very cool! I love his music.....

Ross Martin "Volley".....great fusion of country and jazz....!

Will Bernard's "Motherbug"......you don't know Michel Blumstein.....well, you missed a lot of groove.....they are kicking!!!....or play a wired mixture of music :D

Nick Drake "Riverman".....great songwriter.....

Norah Jones "feels like home".....it does on a natural way...i love her wurlitzerpiano-sound! :)

Jimmy Raney "visits Paris Vol.2"......he's cool, his music gave me a introduction to jazz-based-playin.....his son Doug is also a great player...i have a record with him together with his father....

Mc Coy Tyner....my fav pianist.....great musician!

so....... :g .......i know i'm a :excited: strange guy...hope you like me....! :)

greeeeetz

Paco

Danny Gatton "Redneck Jazz".....well, one of my favorites of all the time.....this guy is awesome

Gatton could flat out play, and in a pretty wide range of styles ... most of the stuff I've heard him on is more "rockabilly-ish" or bluesy, albeit with some obvious jazz influences. Like Jeff Beck, kind of.

The only disc I have of his is "Relentless," on which he teams with Joey DeFrancesco, and the disc really cooks ... although, again, it's not the "jazziest" of CDs. It does have a cool version of Wayne Shorter's "Chess Players," though.

It would have been great to have heard him on a "pure" jazz disc ... unfortunately he committed suicide a number of years ago.

Welcome, Paco, from another fellow-guitarist. I'm kind of an old fart :g, but our tastes do overlap a little. I love Jimmy Raney (Doug is great too), and that Eddy Louiss Trio disc- the one with Rene Thomas and Kenny Clarke, yes?- is one of my all-time favorites. Pat Martino is a great artist (and a great story regarding his comeback)... ever heard Louis Stewart? He's Irish, and is roughly the same age at Martino (and has similar chops). Dave Stryker is a fine player too- used to work in Stanley Turrentine's band. He also used to post at Jazz Corner, so you might be able to correspond with him there.

• 4 years later...