'WAR' on Blue Note???

wesbed

The picture is right. The Cuscuna/Ruppli Blue Note Label Discography indicates the session was leased from Far Out Productions. This was the only War album to be released on the label. Never listened to that BN.

BN was trying for new directions at the time (late '70s) this came out.

GREAT record, but definitely not a traditional Blue Note release. This ended up on Blue Note because of corporate mergers. A collection of longer unreleased outtakes that didn't really fit elsewhere. City - Country - City is one of my faves. Really captures the feel of 70s L.A.

I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie

And that I was the star of the movie

This really blew my mind

The fact that me an overfed long haired leaping gnome

Should be the star of a hollywood movie....

I'll never forget the way he said Hollywood movie; not just any movie, man, but a Hollywood movie. ^_^

I was taken to a place

The Hall of the Mountain King...

Anyone remember that show that used to be on MTV in the late 80's called Closet Classics? They played clips (often live in the studio) of all the groups from the 60's and 70's. I recall seeing WAR doing Spill the Wine on that show. Eric Burden must have been tripping; he had this strange beaded object that he was holding up while singing. Just before the last chorus, he stuck the entire thing in his mouth. Wild, man... B)

That was nothing compared to the concert footage of the guy who sang, "I am the god of Hellfire! And I bring you.... Fire...I bid you to burn!... Now that guy was trippin!

How did Burdon get hooked up w/War anyway? I know that some people think that he started the band, but that ain't right.

There is a compilation under the title Senor Soul What It Is Y'All on BGP Records that proclaims itself the first incarnation of WAR. I'm not sure how/when Eric Burdon got with them, but I like the results with or without him. :tup

This really blew my mind

I'll never forget the way he said Hollywood movie; not just any movie, man, but a Hollywood movie. ^_^

Ha, I heard that song on the radio the other day and was just lovin' it! War indeed... they ruled.

This really blew my mind

I'll never forget the way he said Hollywood movie; not just any movie, man, but a Hollywood movie.    ^_^

Ha, I heard that song on the radio the other day and was just lovin' it! War indeed... they ruled.

Great song!

I loved it too!

Cool lyrics.