"Blow Up!" extra sessions

? anyone had a chance to hear this:

hancoc_herb_blowupext_101b.jpg

DGA:"Great rare early 60s work from Herbie Hancock -- recorded for the Warwick label in the years before he moved over to Blue Note! The title supposedly makes it seem like this is stuff from Herbie's score to the film Blow Up -- but the tracks are really just some raw soul jazz sides that he cut in the early 60s, with a strong groove that's very nice, and a bit more open-ended than the Blue Note sides."

Great set of jazz tracks supposedly recorded for, but left off of the "Blow Up" soundtrack from 1966. Liner notes are skimpy, source material questionable.   Still a great set of straight ahead and soul-jazz numbers.   Italian import.

Herbie's Blues

Rock Your Soul

Jammin' With Herbie

Hot & Heavy

Night walker

Hot Piano

Live And Awake

Scoochie

Afro Boogie

Far Out

This actually the Warwick material of the Byrd-Adams group with Herbie. . . . Alternates and maybe a master or two. . . . NOT Blow Up material. Nice stuff, indeed. Sounds okay here; I actually think the material sounds a little better on the Collectables version.

This actually the Warwick material of the Byrd-Adams group with Herbie. . . . Alternates and maybe a master or two. . . .  NOT Blow Up material.  Nice stuff, indeed.  Sounds okay here; I actually think the material sounds a little better on the Collectables version.

Lon, if that's the "TouchStone" or "Out of this World" album then the tracks don't quite line-up save for "Scoochie"?

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

I've had this for years and it's mainly been tucked away not listened to. . . .

I'm pretty sure this is alternates to that album that appeared after this on the Collectables cd "Jammin' with Herbie". . . . They're retitled I think on both, and the timing is different. . . .

Maybe someone else has more recent knowledge of this one; I won't be able to get the two out and compare for a few days or longer.