A Problem for Computer Savy Members

Out2Lunch

In the past few days, I have had to log onto this site(along with all others) putting in my user name and code every time I want to visit this board. When I log in, I click the box that asks that my information be stored all the time, yet the next time I hit this board, I have to go through the same procedure again. I wonder if anyone can tell me what's wrong and how I can remedy this problem so that I can stay logged on as long as I want. Thanks in Advance.

I had a problem like this once.

I always used the same shortcut in my favorites to get to the board. One day I cleaned the cookies off my machine. When I tried to use that same shortcut, I would have the same problem that you're having.

My suggestion is log in, and once you're logged in, add the forum to your favorites again.

Good luck!

You should try deleting the Organissimo cookie.

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Go to the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\your windows user name\Cookies\ (Windows XP)

or

C:\WINDOWS\Cookies\ (Windows 98 or Me)

and delete the file "your windows user name@www.organissimo[2].txt"

Then log back again and tick the box "Remember me? - Yes" box. This will recreate a permanent cookie.

There are several privacy tools such as the Google toolbar that block permanent cookies. This could also be a problem.

Edited by Claude

Guest Chaney

As Claude mentions, it could also be that you have your (Internet) privacy settings set too high.

Tools--> Internet Options--> Privacy

Lower the privacy level and see what happens. (I like my privacy 'medium high'. B) )