Clifford Brown, the movie

Guest Clint-Eastwood

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really possible anyone will make a movie about Brownie? I'd like to hope so but don't expect to ever see one.

The Hadju book about Dylan, Baez and the Farina's dust jacket says Hadju's "Lush Life" is being developed into a movie. . . . I've evidence that this was considered but still don't think we'll see it and there's more drama in a life of Strays under Duke's wing than in Brownie's life. . . .

For the most part movies about musicians make me cringe. They just don't get it right. Most egregious examples being Steve Allen's Benny Goodman, Jimmy Stewart's Glenn Miller, and Sal Mineo's Gene Krupa (light up and be somebody). Really just good for laughs.

Having said that, I DID like Forest Whittaker's Bird portrayal, but there is an example of a movie that came under heavy flak for various reasons, a lot of them wrong.

I'd rather see footage of the real guys with as little commentary as possible.

• 1 year later...

I hope you guys don't hold that against me. I have a "favorite band/artist" every week. I was defending those guys. I love em', but they're just one group I love.

With that, proceed...

;):P

I certainly don't -- just ask Big Al about my taste in 80's hair bands!! :lol: B-) :)

As I may have said before here, all things being equal, Clint could have made a great movie about Stan Kenton, especially if he'd done it when he was still of an age where he himself could have played the title role. And with Lennie Niehaus as Lennie Niehaus!