How's the weather?

We were supposed to have violent thunderstorms last night, but all we got was some distant thunder and some rain. The rain seems to have cooled things off and ended much of the humidity. I'm thankful for that.

Yeah, we in San Bernardino, were supposed to have thunderstorms and rain, but no way, only a few drops and that was it. Next 7 days in 100"s.

Africa temperatures today.

MG

I suspected as much. Now I have confirmation from someone who knows. :smirk:

Luxury :party:

It reminds me of a summer visit to Sheffield. I went to the barbers and was asked how I was coping with the heat, it was 25C !!

It's a few degrees hotter than that in the middle of the night here, with 100% humidity. :excited:

Edited by kinuta

After a week of high 90's and worse, I finally broke down and got an air conditioner for the bedroom. Obviously, since it has arrived, it hasn't cracked 80, and I even had to use the heater this morning as it dipped into the mid-forties. You can't ask more from a product than that...

Africa temperatures today.

MG

I suspected as much. Now I have confirmation from someone who knows. :smirk:

Luxury :party:

It reminds me of a summer visit to Sheffield. I went to the barbers and was asked how I was coping with the heat, it was 25C !!

It's a few degrees hotter than that in the middle of the night here, with 100% humidity. :excited:

Younger daughter came home with a boyfriend from Perth, Australia. Asked how he was coping with the English summer heat, he said they were allowed to go home from work in Perth when it reached 40C :excited:

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy weather all of July and continuing ... sun and rain within minutes, hot and humid to pretty cool within hours ... if anyone needs any more proof of climate change, there it is - whole year was weird already - no winter at all (I don't think it was ever below freezing for a whole day), summer was probably what he had in June, but it was way too warm in March already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If it's the weekend it must be typhoon time.

This time we've been assured that this is the mother of all typhoons, we were just kidding last weekend, you really, really must run for your life and so on.

Nobody cares at all, there are so many typhoons here that they don't even bother giving them names, just numbers.

I just hope it doesn't fell one of the trees outside again. A couple of years ago one went crashing into our next door neighbour's balcony.

This one is # 19 this year.

abc_track_super_typhoon_vongfong_jc_1410

Edited by kinuta

If it's the weekend it must be typhoon time.

This time we've been assured that this is the mother of all typhoons, we were just kidding last weekend, you really, really must run for your life and so on.

Nobody cares at all, there are so many typhoons here that they don't even bother giving them names, just numbers.

I just hope it doesn't fell one of the trees outside again. A couple of years ago one went crashing into our next door neighbour's balcony.

This one is # 19 this year.

abc_track_super_typhoon_vongfong_jc_1410

Flamin 'ell - I'm flying into that stuff ! Just hope it peters out by the following weekend.. :huh::o

Edited by sidewinder