How's the weather?

Sort of weather I really like at present. Lots of sun in the day and very warm; then really heavy downpours in the evening (a bit like Singapore!). 

Forecast up here looks like lots of rain across the week. My water buts need replenishing so I'm OK with that. 

Warming back up into the low 90's here this week, but it has been an outrageously mild summer here in the midwest U.S. 

Lark, LOVE the garden pics!

Thanks, Scott. This is what it looked like ten years ago! Bloody wet then too! 

640e71c2-f3a6-4aa3-863a-0343a2f316e5.jpg

I'd never had any interest in gardening - it was a waste land for the first 15 years I lived here. I just started improvising - a real free jazz garden. 

I find pottering around there a great place to listen to music. The only problem is I tend to sing along under the noiseless headphones. Neighbours think I'm nuts.

Must have rained again last night as both of the overspill buckets are now full. Still cloudy but much brighter than yesterday. 

UK weather: Bank Holiday downpours set to make it wettest August on record

Bank-Holiday-downpours-Getty.jpg

"Remember Dunkirk!"

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Mainly overcast but no rain. The odd bit of evening sunshine which is incredibly mood-enhancing when it appears. 

Definitely the feel of autumn in the air - that slight coolness, a bit damp, earlier nights. Saw a beautiful flight of geese (or something of that ilk) fly south cawing yesterday.

Woke this morning to see a huge stork descend on a neighbour's TV aerial. Don't know if storks fly south.