How's the weather?

10 hours ago, fasstrack said:

Low 70s in NYC. Window open, AC off, cool breeze wafting in :).

The nicest thing about September is that right on its heels comes my favorite month, November...

Yeah.  I wish it had been this nice on Friday/Saturday (my "weekend").  But I'm only here another two weeks.  Then, back again, January-February.  And if it's anything like last January-February, I'd better enjoy this while I can.

Heatwave as predicted ("Hottest day since...." "Margate hotter than Mars" etc). First time this year I recall it being hot without wind or clouds so you didn't get the usual British thing of enjoying the heat of the sun and then getting suddenly chilly as it disappears behind a cloud. 

Edited by A Lark Ascending

4 hours ago, A Lark Ascending said:

Heatwave as predicted ("Hottest day since...." "Margate hotter than Mars" etc). First time this year I recall it being hot without wind or clouds so you didn't get the usual British thing of enjoying the heat of the sun and then getting suddenly chilly as it disappears behind a cloud. 

Well it's alright for some. Here in West Cornwall there was no sun all day, on and off drizzle and then, in the evening, a torrential downpour with thunder, lightning etc. This storm was repeated at 3am this morning, only worse. Good job I'm moving to the balmy paradise of Devon next week.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Low 20's here - lower with the wind chill, plus about 10" of snow so far and still coming down. I can't complain, since this is the most snow we've had all winter, plus I can just stay home. It used to be that I had to go into work no matter what the weather was, so retirement has its perks, even if it means that I'm old.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rostasi said:

February 23 and almost 90°

(32°C for you Celsiusts and 305°K for you Braxtonites)

It might be useful to know where your "here" is.  (And where Anthony Braxton is....:P)

It reached 18 Celsius in Toronto today...an all-time warmest day for the city.

Edited by Ted O'Reilly
Additional information.