How's the weather?

28 minutes ago, stephenrr said:

It warmed up to -16 this morning but the wind has calmed significantly.  30 MPH gusts Wednesday brought wind chill to -50 during the day.  Cabin fever is rising...looking forward to Monday when high is anticipated to be 51.

We got lucky because the wind died down about the time we got below 20 degrees. Still had wind chills of -20 yesterday, but it could have been a LOT worse. 

I also got a kick out of how many news outlets were posting pics of the Chicago River yesterday as though it looked different from every other river in the midwest, with ice floes galore. I live on the Missouri River and it looked the exact same way. But I get it, Jefferson City, MO ain't sexy. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another relentlessly scorching day.

I put a digital thermometer on the balcony and it hit 43C quite quickly.

Good luck with those Olympics next year.

Seriously, if anyone you know is considering attending, I very strongly advise against it.

No matter how hardened you may think you are., I guarantee you'll be brain addled by the end of the first day.:alien:

• 1 month later...

It had been boiling hot until a hair raising thunder & lightning storm last night.

The temperature has dropped about 8C overnight. We are now enjoying a wonderfully balmy 26C.

It's such a relief to be able to turn off the AC and open the windows for the first time since the third week in July.:)

Edited by kinuta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...