How's the weather?

32-33 degrees Celcius all year long, rain or shine. Been raining almost everyday the past 14 months. Very unusual weather.

What the...? Do you live in a rainforest?

Being 3'08 degrees north of the equator it's within rainforest territory. Used to be tin mining land and rubber estates 35-40 years ago but it's all paved over with concrete and tar now. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice and sunny last weekend when I was indoors at a jazz festival.

Gloomy and rainy on the Monday I went walking in the most beautiful place in the world...the Wiltshire Downs (see pic).

Bright and sunny on the day I drove home so was stuck in a car!

Damp and gloomy again today.

Temperature low for this time of year...as I know to my cost. Brought the wrong sleeping bag with me. Brrrr!!!

At least your mountains are green at some point, Rainy--down here in the desert we have year-round brown kindling ready to go up in a firestorm. :g

We've already had sporadic fires in the Oakland Hills. The landscaping in the freeeway exit I take to go home in the flatlands is scorched down to the ground. Everything dried out early because of the heat wave in March. Very scary. I'm praying for a foggy, cool, summer.

My Mum's from Athlone smack in the middle of Ireland! Going back for a week in August with her.

If you ever get the chance to visit, jump at it.

There's a lovely old Irish folk song called 'The Verdant Braes of Skreen'. Says it all.

http://website.lineone.net/~cewhitehead2/skreen.htm