How's the weather?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yesterday, as I approached the air conditioned cinema at midday, i was blasé and thought it was no different from when I'd been on holiday in Sicily. Coming out at 3 I realized that Sicily had never been like this.

Not too bad at home, as there's plenty of space and it's airy: 34C outside, 27C inside.

A number of days (10+) of temps over 110 degrees.  Pretty normal for here.  With monsoon rain, it's a bit muggy, too.  And to think, when I was a kid, I played baseball in that kind of weather all of the time.  Now, I just want to stay inside with the trusty air conditioning.

It was pretty hot here today for southern Maine around 90. I went down to the beach around 730am and spent a couple hours before I really started feeling the heat and headed out. The water is still on the chilly side, but I went in anyway. It's only 60 degrees. I wasn't the only idiot in the water.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, medjuck said:

Where are you!

In one of those small towns just north of Napa. If you're into wine, it's wine heaven; where I live, we're surrounded by vineyards of Far Neinte, Mondavi and Opus One. Supposedly, the land is part of the best place in the world for Cabernet Sauvignon grapes.