How's the weather?

• 2 weeks later...

SF/Oakland is having Carmel weather. Drizzly, overcast all day, really foggy in some places, temps swing between 58-68. Very cool inland, which is really unusual. The San Jose Jazz Festival is this weekend so I'm hoping the cool weather lasts through the festival because it can get hotter than heck in SJ.

Edited by RainyDay

• 1 month later...

Funny you should ask. Another long weekend when RainyDay was planning to hear some sounds at a music festival, another heat wave. I missed Los Lobos yesterday because when I came out of the health club form my massage, it was 93 degrees in downtown Oakland, heat bouncing off the sidewalk and the asphalt. Instead of walking over to a stage to hear music, I crawled back to my car ran every errand I could think of that would take me to an air conditioned building and went home. At the festival, I walked by a mob of people cowering in the shade from the federal building instead of shopping for art, eating food, or listening to music.

And today, the smooth jazz line up was a good one. I love Ray Obeido and I missed hearing him too. I've spent too much of the weekend holed up in my cooler-than-outside-but-still-pretty-warm house.

Did I mention I hate hot weather? I feel like a prisoner. All I've done is exercise, eat ice cream, watch the Trio Channel, and read Bill Clinton's autobiography. The place where I get ice cream isn't air conditioned and it has all these freezers that throw off MORE HEAT. So getting ice cream yesterday was like a punishment.

I'm hot, I'm cranky, I haven't slept, I have't done the fun things I wanted to do. Arrrrggghhhhh. I need more ice cream.

Ditto pretty much everything that RainyDay said.

This hot Bay Area weather SUCKS!

To top it off, my landlord decided to do repairs on my shower last week ... and, of course, they haven't finished yet. So, I can't even take an afternoon shower to cool down. I've been traveling to the gym and a friend's house for morning showers.

Edited by BFrank

Well, what is left of the late, unlamented Frances knocked our power off from 3 am till Noon! We, and a few hundred thousand were in the same boat in the ATL.

Mom didn't get her radiation treatment Monday cuz of the holiday, then the storm kept her from getting it today(You are supposed to get 5 treatments a week) Makes you wonder how many folks in the middle of Cancer treatments in Florida had their schedules all screwed up!