How's the weather?

Finally getting some relief here in SF.

Today was in the 70's and it's much cooler this evening. I even saw a hint of fog this afternoon. Bring it ON!!!  :tup

I'll be up in the Bay Area next weekend for the Padres/Giants series, so I'm really hoping for some cool weather, BFrank :P

Edited by GoodSpeak

Magicicada.jpg

There were a lot of cicadas around this summer- I think it was the 7 year cycle. I noticed how loud they can get while I was sitting out on the deck- sometimes you have to raise your voice to be heard over their cicadous cacaphony. They're noisy but seem to be harmless.

Is this mostly a midwest thing, or do other regions get these infestations?

Edited by Free For All

There were a lot of cicadas around this summer- I think it was the 7 year cycle. I noticed how loud they can get while I was sitting out on the deck- sometimes you have to raise your voice to be heard over their cicadous cacaphony. They're noisy but seem to be harmless.

I believe it's a seventeen-year cycle.

The mid-atlantic states get them big-time. I guess New England doesn't get them that much though, because none of my friends have complained this year, and I don't remember them.

We had 'em in parts of NJ.

• 2 weeks later...

There was some light rain all day in southwestern France yesterday. Must have pleased the local farmers!

Rain should stop later today. It'ld better because I will be driving over the Pyrenees mountains and is

spectacular sceneries and head to sunny Catalunya for more holidays...

...but Brownie, what did you have for lunch? :wub:

Today was a beautiful dark fall day in Lansing, MI. Overcast the whole day and very cool after some very high temperatures for this time of year (into the 80s last week). We have a frost warning for tonight! Brrrr!

I like rainy days sometimes. Come winter I'll be saying "WHERE THE HELL IS THE SUN!!?" though! The grass is always greener...

Today was a beautiful dark fall day in Lansing, MI. Overcast the whole day and very cool after some very high temperatures for this time of year (into the 80s last week). We have a frost warning for tonight! Brrrr!

I like rainy days sometimes. Come winter I'll be saying "WHERE THE HELL IS THE SUN!!?" though! The grass is always greener...

Yup the clouds rolled in this afternoon and the temp. plunged. I'm loving it, too. I love cloudy, cool days. Had to bring some house plants back inside from being outdoors all summer...

I don't know if I will be longing for sun in the winter, but I will be missing 60 degree weather when it's about 10 below.

• 5 months later...