How's the weather?

Ever read Post Office by Charles Bukowski? :rhappy:

Can't say I'm familar with his work. I did however drop by Amazon's website and read some reviews and this one made me chuckle most:

A friend of mine enthusiastically touted this book and lent it to me. It was my first Bukowski book.

It is also my last.

The only thing going for this book is that it's brutally honest and translates his frustration well. That's it.

The book is a sad attempt to be clever.

It's not an engaging story, it's not well written, and the protagonist, loosely based on Charles Bukowski, is a vile little man.

Funny? If you consider reading about underwear skid marks hilarious.

This book is about an ugly (in every way) human being who hates his job. He's not even likeable: A slovenly, shiftless, lascivious, alcoholic bum who happens to have a job he hates at the post office, curses like a sailor and chases women in his spare time. How he ever gets any women flabbergasts me.

And he doesn't even attempt to leave his job!

The only lesson I learned from reading this book?

I learned what NOT to aspire to be. I also learned to avoid Bukowski's vile written crap like the Plague.

Interspering the word F*^k every other sentence does not make good, enjoyable or witty reading.

I read a bit about Bukowski's life and...honestly, the author should have just written this as personal therapy, keeping his entries under lock and key.

DISGUSTING, mindless and a total waste of time.

So vile, wretched, idiotic and crude I had to take a hot shower after reading it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lame review, I wouldn't take their word for it.

Did I mention I'm in the magazine business and I'm responsible for a bit of that junk mail you're carring around? :lol:

Edited by 7/4

Everybody please stop whining. We have had over 2 and a half feet in the last 10 days. I shoveled about 6" this morning and we expect another 6" overnight. Weather channel says it will be like this for 4 more days. Did I mention it has been around 20 degrees all day.

Gotta admit it's better than zero and lots of wind. <_<

Everybody please stop whining. We have had over 2 and a half feet in the last 10 days. I shoveled about 6" this morning and we expect another 6" overnight. Weather channel says it will be like this for 4 more days. Did I mention it has been around 20 degrees all day.

I WISH we got that kind of snow here. Seriously. In mid-Michigan it just gets cold (and windy), but we only get about 2 weeks worth of ski-able snow for the entire winter. That's a drag.

That reminds me, though... Uncle Skid and I talked about doing some skiing last year, but never got around to it. I think I'll be headed towards your neck of the woods, Chuck. :cool:

No whining from me.

I'm enjoying it. (so far)

Having to stay up all night and be in it while crews do snow removal takes a little getting used to, but I'll manage. :cool:

I WISH we got that kind of snow here. Seriously. In mid-Michigan it just gets cold (and windy), but we only get about 2 weeks worth of ski-able snow for the entire winter. That's a drag.

That reminds me, though... Uncle Skid and I talked about doing some skiing last year, but never got around to it. I think I'll be headed towards your neck of the woods, Chuck. :cool:

:tup Plenty of snow around here! I'm going to go out to the state park in the next day or two and see how the trails look. The lake effect snow keeps coming...

The snow's coming down pretty heavy here now.

You're getting what we got yesterday. About 10 inches here. Temps below zero tonight.

At least since it was already cold when it fell it was pretty easy to shovel.

My all-wheel drive Subaru did great on the snowy roads, while others were foundering.

Anyhow, good luck with all of that. :crazy: