How's the weather?

and Rolf ... stock up on some soft shells cause the shellfish beds are all closing down. the Merrimack River up in flooded Haverhill is getting 35 million gallons of sewage a day! :bad:

Uugh! Damn, that IS bad news!! My Dad's flying down from Manchester on Sat....maybe I should have him bring a small plastic sack of goodies down before it's too late??!!

at least Peabody's BungHole Liquors is still in business!

1147723169_4318.jpg

Ha, ha,, that outfit! :lol: Ya know, I walked by the one in Salem last summer but didn't realize there was one in Peabody too? Where is it? ....around Boston Street??

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

In the last two days, we've gotten 14 INCHES of rain here! 14 INCHES!!

Unbelieveable.

Someone forwarded these pics of St. Paul's to me. Used to play hockey up there.....sad to see this happening.

676.jpg

727.jpg

BehindHargate.jpg

My God, this is just horrible.

One thing to be thankful for is that most of my friends and relatives remain unflooded so far. My mother's fine in Atkinson, cousins are dry, even an aunt and uncle who live a few blocks from the Merrimack river in Haverhill are OK. Hope the damn rain stops soon.

It was nice and sunny as I arrived to work this morning in Toronto. It is now pitch black - severe thunderstorm. This weekend is our long weekend and I had planned on going camping in Algonquin Park. But I called the park yesterday and the guy said the black-flies are in full-force :o. That and the expected rain/cool weather for the weekend is going to keep me at home with a few cold ones instead. No BungHole here in Canada unfortunately.

Down here on the south shore of Massachusetts, we had a ton of rain but fortunately, to the best of my knowledge, not much flooding. Today, mostly sunny and around 68 degrees. Not complaining!

Marla

Well, I live on the north shore, and there have been numerous reports of flooding. Fortunately, all we experienced was a little water in the basement, not enough to do any damage. Of course, now that the sun has returned, all is right with the world. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was 36 C here yesterday. Today is shaping up to be the same. Good thing there isn't ANOTHER Grant Green being issued today; I was soaked when I got home - we're a long way from the bus stop; all uphill. Spent the rest of the day in my swimming trunks (not a pretty sight). Same today.

MG

31 deg C and a very warm wind. The tar is coming right up so North Yorks council in their infinite wisdom see fit to dispatch some gritter lorries with fine gravel to cover the surface of most affected roads. Cheap and nasty intervention to our already cacky roads :tdown