How's the weather?

The last few days have been miserably hot in Michigan, but it's supposed to break tonight. I'm at my mother-in-law's, who has A/C, with the family. We slept last night in our house, which never dipped below 87 degrees. By noon it was 91 degrees inside the house. I was in the basement most of the day, which was probably about 80. Zora was in daycare, so she was okay. I worried about her last night. I put two fans in her room: One in the window and one blowing directly on her. My wife and I had to make due with one fan.

One of the worst nights of sleep that I can remember! :) Tonight I'll be sleeping like a baby!

But hey... as hot as it gets, we still have it good. Running water, roof over our head, good food in a working fridge. I can't complain. I had fun today, actually, chillin' in the basement, going through hours of live organissimo recordings.

I wish I could say that head south to the city of Rock n' Roll made things a bit more tolerable, but it's hotter (if that's possible!) here in Cleveland. I drove down here and it was a whopping 102, and it's only 87 right now at 10pm. :angry:

Here's hoping Michigan cools down in the next couple days before I get back! :D

Well, look who's posting. Wes, how have you been?

Hey, man. I just found your reply to my post, like, tonight. :cool:

Yeah, I be doin' okay. But have found other things to do than be on the computer so much lately. I'm still alert to the world and making my way day-by-day.

You?

Local TV weather dude said tonight it's gonna be mother-fuckin' 106 degrees out tomorrow, in the city (the national weather service "offical" forcast is for what it'll be like at the airport (they're saying 97 degrees), which is dozens of miles from the central city here in KC). And he said it MIGHT even get up to 109 degrees here in the city tomorrow. :o

I work outside in my current job, usually 4 out of 5 days a week, and I can tell you this heat is totally kickin' my ass.

I may buy an outdoor thermometer tomorrow morning on my way to work, just so I can see for myself how damn hot it gets out there around 3pm or 4pm. Almost 110 degrees -- WTF???? :angry:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

It's like fucking NOVEMBER today. Raining on and off and bloody cold. I contemplated putting the central heating on earlier, then decided to tough it out. Don't know if I can keep it up, though.

MG

Not as bad here, but still autumnal. 16deg C, blustery North Westerley winds. Coal fire was on last night.

only $250 to get my AC unit fixxed.....

:tdown

Phew!

MG

You're lucky. Mine broke down during last week's heat wave. It was 28C in the friggin house! My family and I slept in the basement for 3 days until a repair man could come. Turns out it wasn't the AC, but the blower fan in the furnace. Parts + Labour = $650! :angry: (not to mention the extra beer money to cool down)