How's the weather?

Aaaah..it's getting colder here in Finland at last. We are expecting temperatures between 5 to - 15 fahrenheits during this weekend.

It was unusually warm around here during December."Thanks" to global warming :( . Temperatures were between 46 to 35 fahrenheits around here during December. There was practically no snow on the ground except in the northern part of Finland and it was mostly raining water every day. *sigh*

It's looking a bit better this morning here. How are our continental European friends doing?

MG

Storm blew over a few hours after my last post here. Things did not turn out as drastic as everyone had predicted for our area, but the fire department was out in force, my neighbor ruined his own car this time around (with his own tiles falling off his roof ... what an utter and complete idiot), and I had a wonderful view of the mayhem across our small town here. The funniest thing were two teenagers trying to fire off a left-over New Year's rocket (one of those massive jobs with sequences of fireworks that last quite a while) and they managed ... to send it straight down the road only to explode in front of the Thai take-away, scaring the crap out of the people inside.

The next day there was tons of water everywhere (I'm very close to the "Rheinauen" which is an extensive swampy area right next to the river) that had risen up through the ground.

In short, nothing we aren't used to here.

Edited by neveronfriday

Quite a pleasant day today, though a bit windy. Sun was slightly warm in the garden (or the bit of it that it can acually rise and shine on at this time of the year).

MG

Stand by for a Siberian cold-blast over the next week. The wildlife will be totally confused. :wacko:

Yes, now it's evening, the wind is BITTER! (unfortunately, not Brains Best Bitter)

MG

Finally winter here! (Not that I like it, for purely egoistic reasons I'm quite a fan of global warming...)

It's effing cold, and the whole city is quiet in the snow - quite rarely happens that there actually is snow on the streets in the city, but if it continues to stay so cold, the snow will stay, too. I prefer that over the melting ugly grey wet streets...