How's the weather?

The cool English summer. 18C in Manchester today. Mixture of cloud and sunshine. Abundant green foliage because of recent showers. Altogether very pleasant.

After 18 straight rainless days ( unusual for the PNW ) the temp is around 68F / 50 F . Sorta normal for the Seattle - Vancouver BC area. A few weeks ago it was in the high 80Fs for a few days.

This was QUITE abnormal for the PNW -and not pleasant!

( fortunately , after living in the Dallas TX area for many years, the first thing I did after moving to the PNW was put in AC - just in case. on several occasions over the past 10 or so years, I've been very glad for that decision ! )

• 2 weeks later...

This has been the wildest rain season ever. There's been hardly a day that has gone by that it hasn't rained.

For the month of June it rained 25 out of 30 days and the first 3 days of July it's also rained. Today however the weather is beautiful and more of the same is expected for tomorrow. Temps around 80. Hope to hop on the bike at some point over the weekend.

The cool English summer. 18C in Manchester today. Mixture of cloud and sunshine. Abundant green foliage because of recent showers. Altogether very pleasant.

Still higher than 20C here. Much of last week was unbearably humid, especially at night. North/South divide?

Incidentally, I hear that the UK is exporting lots of electricity over the Channel at the moment to the French, who have been totally overloaded for air-con demand and have much of their nuclear capacity out of action due to power worker strikes. I think they owe us one. :)

Edited by sidewinder

This has been the wildest rain season ever. There's been hardly a day that has gone by that it hasn't rained.

For the month of June it rained 25 out of 30 days and the first 3 days of July it's also rained. Today however the weather is beautiful and more of the same is expected for tomorrow. Temps around 80. Hope to hop on the bike at some point over the weekend.

Yeah, funny you bring this up; this has been the first day in weeks where the day started out sunny! :excited: