How's the weather?

Actually, LA can have spells of uncomfortable humidity in the summer. The remnants of tropical weather waft up and can make it muggy and very miserable. Sometimes it even makes its way up here.

Today in SF it was 90 degrees. My house is going to be an oven when I get home. No sleep tonight. Ice cream for dinner. :P

Well, out here in the hills we got SLAMMED with rain today. The front room of my house started to flood and I had to dig a trench along the front of the house to keep it from coming in. Got about 6 inches of rain today and the pond across the road from me flooded and started washing across the road.

It's still raining but thankfully it's calmed down. There was a bad wreck a couple miles from my place, a guy went flying through a water covered road..but unfortunately the road underneath was gone....hit pavement head on and the car flipped over on it's top.

Just another quiet day out in the country.... :D

Currently in southwestern France which was hit by a storm last night. Small damage, no devastation, no victim.

I must say I enjoyed watching the night sky light up with the storm outbursts, something that is rarely seen inside

Paris.

No damage reported so far in the neighboring Sauternes vineyards where the harvesting has not started yet...

Rachel, lunch was a simple garden tomatoes salad with onions and some garlic followed by an omelet of local 'cepes' mushrooms

that grow during the night after the rain. The 'omelettes aux cepes' was enhanced by garlic too! Then a local ewe cheese and some grapes,

All washed down with an excellent bottle of white Domaine du Tariquet dry wine from the nearby Cotes de Gascogne!

I'm skipping dinner tonight and will prepare for the weekly food market in the main local city (some 2,000 inhabitants) tomorrow.

My wife (and I too) is looking to indulge in the local 'bourru', a fermented grape juice that comes with the early wine harvests.

'Bourru' is not wine but it is more than heady! And absolutely delicious. It is drunk in the immediate vicinity of the harvest areas.

It ferments so much that it can be served in plastic bottles only. No glass bottle for this beverage!

I tried to bring back 'bourru' once back to Paris but this was liking shaking a bottle of champagne during a long travel.

The 'bourru' had to be drunk in the early part of the voyage and since I was the driver I had to choose between driving or drinking.

I'll be drinking the stuff tomorrow :rolleyes:

Life is sweet!