How's the weather?

Smart choice, brownie!

Same here, though it feels like it's getting a bit less hot here ... it was up to 35° now for several days, the apartment is stuffy. I'll escape to the movies again tonight (they're showing "Year of the Dragon"), there it's dark and cool and quiet :)

Hoping for a nice coast walk to Tintagel.

That was my next stop on that trip after Boscastle (the next one being Penzance). Tintagel was great but the pub I stayed at not far from the castle was haunted !

The main street is haunted - by lost hippies selling King Arthur tack and New Age bric-a-brac. Like Glastonbury.

Bev - It's South Cadbury Castle in Somerset. To my mind, the best of the Iron Age Hill Forts, along with Maiden Castle. Certainly the best in terms of panoramic views - not as big as Maiden Castle but still pretty impresive. And a much better candidate as a seat for 'Arthur' that Tintagel/Glastonbury (more likely if he existed it was 'Ambrosius' I guess) during the Dark Ages.

Edited by sidewinder

I do love a good summer downpour. A few years ago I was playing cricket on a roasting Sunday afternoon. About 6pm the sky went black, all the trees started to sway and there was a truly monstrous thunderstorm. Within 4 or 5 minutes the whole field was under an inch of water. An impressive sight. May get one here tomorrow.

I do love a good summer downpour. A few years ago I was playing cricket on a roasting Sunday afternoon. About 6pm the sky went black, all the trees started to sway and there was a truly monstrous thunderstorm. Within 4 or 5 minutes the whole field was under an inch of water. An impressive sight. May get one here tomorrow.

It's started !

Ah, South Cadbury. Recall reading Leslie Alcock's "By South Cadbury, is that Camelot..." many years ago. Think it was based on the big dig there in the 50s/60s.

Still have a copy of that book - I think it's still the best text on that place. The major dig was in the late 1960s.

How right you were!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/video-lightning-strikes-cause-major-5262315